Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Days to cover dropped 30% in the past month!!! Just announced!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. However this percentage demonstrates how much short interest there is relative to daily trading volume. This is important, I think. One metric used to calculate what companies have the highest short interest is to measure what companies have the highest number of days to cover. The 20% drop occurred on the 14th, after this data was sent for release. The percentage of shorts that responded to this event will not be included in this data. I would anticipate that number to be fairly high, especially after the rapid recovery.

Here's a good explanation of "Short Interest".

As you can see, the days to cover number dropped only because there was such a large volume of shares taking place. It will be more interesting to see what the short interest is at the end of the month.

Unless the stock makes a very rapid ascent up to $40, I don't think there is a possibility of a short squeeze. TSLA is just too freely traded for that. There always seems to be plenty of shares available.