Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Motor tenth-best car brand.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this is a major plus for a company that is so new to make the top 10. Tesla has sold less than 2000 cars, in the USA and only one model and yet cracked the top 10.

I'm honestly (and pleasantly) surprised by this because I really thought that nobody really knows about Tesla yet, given the limited production of the Roadster, the obvious complete lack of any mainstream advertising by the company, and the scarce number of TM stores. I kind of figured it was still our own little Bay Area secret club. I'm really happy that I'm wrong and apparently word is getting around!

Last edited:
Congrats Tesla!! This is a real feather in your hat!! This shows what a great job you have done to date. keep it up! Tesla should quietly promote this.

I believe that the consumer union does not allow their consumer reports to be used in advertisements.

But we can talk it up on this forum! :smile:

If you read below the overall rankings, you'll find stuff like this:
Environmentally Friendly/Green
Brand 2012 (%) (Best 5)
Toyota 38
Smart 32
Honda 16
Ford 16
Chevrolet 12

Last edited:
When you look at the Consumer Report's criteria for selection of the best brand (quality, value, safety, performance, design/style, technology/innovation, eco friendliness), it is easy to imagine that Tesla can sweep most every category once the brand is better known.