Please fill out the poll based on what you will be doing most in your Model S.
I have started logging the number of miles I travel every day for a couple of weeks now. But by the time I have to pick a size I should have some really good data to make a decision. I drive a lot. And generally I run my car to fumes. My estimated ‘miles to empty’ is at 0 for about 80% of my fill ups. I want to know how close you are comfortable running your Model S.
- How many miles do you drive on a standard day?
- What is the most miles you would drive on a normal day? (Weekend, Dinner/Errands after work, or Work/Meeting off site, NOT occasional travel)
- And what size battery are you thinking about getting?
- It looks like I normally drive about 60 miles on a standard day.
- It looks like a 100 mile day where I have to drive to a meeting might happen a few times a month.
- I was originally thinking of only the 85kWh pack, but I think it may be well overboard. And well it is starting to look like I really can’t quite stretch the budget to cover it either. Right now I am leaning towards the 60kWh but am considering the 40kWh as I feel I would feel comfortable stretching the battery to its limit.
I am now doubtful whether or not the 85kWh pack will get me from Atlanta to Charlotte (240 miles) on a single charge. A 60kWh car could do this trip with a charge in the middle. This and my thinking I could afford the 85kWh pack were the main points there. I doubt I would do that trip w/o AC. And it certainly won’t allow me to excessively speed all the way there like I currently do.