Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disney Corporation concern for environment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently sent this e-mail:

I will soon take delivery of a 2013 TESLA Model S battery electric
vehicle with a range of 300 mniles. This allows me to travel from my
home in ********* to WDW, but not return without a battery charge.
The system requires a NEMA 14/50 plug with 240V/50A service. Where will
I be able to recharge my vehicle and what would be the cost? Thanks

This is the reponse:

Dear **********,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We would like to take a moment to commend you for taking a step towards
a healthy environment. At this present time we do not have a place in
which you may "plug- in" your 2013 Tesla. We do apologize in advance.
When we receive inquiries such as yours, they are shared with various
members of our organization. We appreciate your observations and will
share them at the appropriate levels.

Robert we look forward to entertaining you at the Walt Disney World
Resort.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if
applicable on all correspondence.

Sincerely,

WDW Online Communications

Their concern is underwhelming and the lack of interest is disturbing.

How so? They said they'd pass it on? Were you expecting them to say "OMG! We'll install one tonight!"? We can't start villianizing every company that doesn't support our needs -- especially when EVs are still a VERY small percentage of the automotive population.

It rarely happens that you get a "we'll put in a bank of charge points next week for you" with a single email. You gotta work it. Calls, letters going to the top (management) and the bottom (the guy who runs the yard) break it down for them. Ask where it would be if they did do it, then work it from there.

I recently sent this e-mail:

I will soon take delivery of a 2013 TESLA Model S battery electric
vehicle with a range of 300 mniles. This allows me to travel from my
home in ********* to WDW, but not return without a battery charge.
The system requires a NEMA 14/50 plug with 240V/50A service. Where will
I be able to recharge my vehicle and what would be the cost? Thanks

This is the reponse:

Dear **********,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We would like to take a moment to commend you for taking a step towards
a healthy environment. At this present time we do not have a place in
which you may "plug- in" your 2013 Tesla. We do apologize in advance.
When we receive inquiries such as yours, they are shared with various
members of our organization. We appreciate your observations and will
share them at the appropriate levels.

Robert we look forward to entertaining you at the Walt Disney World
Resort.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if
applicable on all correspondence.

Sincerely,

WDW Online Communications

Their concern is underwhelming and the lack of interest is disturbing.

Hi Rob,

I am attempting to organize a Florida Tesla Motors Club. Perhaps as our membership grows we can use our numbers to apply more leverage to Disney.

I'm sure there are other hotels in the area that are planning to add charging outlets and we can use this fact to assist Disney in realizing what their enlightened self interest is. :wink:

By the way, if you are interested in the club let me direct your attention to Florida Tesla Motors Club .

Larry

BTW, if you already own a Tesla, your Customer Advocates will be happy to get in touch with the business at which you want to charge and try to convince them. They can provide the business with additional information, such as eligibility for tax rebates, etc.

BTW, in CA the Disneyland hotel used to have a LPI charger, but apparently that was removed last April. The Paradise Pier hotel is reported as still having an LPI. Those are not suitable for Leafs nor Teslas, though.

WDW has to have a Camp Site close by.... Park there... Charge and take a cab into WDW and black.

Don't forget, Nema 14-50s are VERY commonly found at camp sites for RV plug-in....

WDW has to have a Camp Site close by.... Park there... Charge and take a cab into WDW and black.

sw50sw8sw578.gif

...kidding

Don't forget, Nema 14-50s are VERY commonly found at camp sites for RV plug-in....
It's called Ft. Wilderness and it's managed by them on their property. Rates & Room Types | The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort | Walt Disney World Resort. Each site has, "Electricity (20 amp/120 Volt, 30 amp/120 Volt, 50 amp/250 Volt outlets)". There are Disney owned buses, boats, and monorails to get you back and forth free of charge if you are staying on the property. Plus the campers can rent golf carts to get around; they have to charge those somewhere. The cheapest campsite is $48 a night, but they might be willing to negotiate if the campground isn't full and you are staying elsewhere on the property.

P.S., Always attempt to ride in the monorail cab. There may be someone who beats you to it, but most people don't even know it's possible.

Come to think of it ... wouldn't a "50 amp/250 Volt outlet" charge an empty Roadster in 3.5 hours? You could check into the hotel and then head over to the campground in your Roadster. Ask if you can borrow an empty campsite for the morning/afternoon/whatever to charge up. Show them your All Access Pass so they know you are staying with them. From there you can take a boat over to the Magic Kingdom or a bus to the monorails or whatever. Enjoy yourself and come back to a fully charged car at lunch or dinner time.

Last edited:
Come to think of it ... wouldn't a "50 amp/250 Volt outlet" charge an empty Roadster in 3.5 hours? You could check into the hotel and then head over to the campground in your Roadster. Ask if you can borrow an empty campsite for the morning/afternoon/whatever to charge up. Show them your All Access Pass so they know you are staying with them. From there you can take a boat over to the Magic Kingdom or a bus to the monorails or whatever. Enjoy yourself and come back to a fully charged car at lunch or dinner time.

you can do it within 2.5h and 32A only if tesla would support 3-phase charging as it is needed for the 90kW quickcharger