Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior leather choice for Carbon Fiber decor?

Which leather do you like best with Carbon Fiber Decor?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cant decide which leather would look the best with carbon fiber. I want to make the right choice as CF is the only decor option for the perf. If this changes, I will likely go back to lacewood. I do have a bunch of time, but i would like to figure this out...

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: UnpluggedP
Black. White isn't practical and I personally don't really like it. I've only had one car with a Tan interior and I wasn't that fond of it.
I think the white would look good but am also worried about how it'd hold up from what everyone has said. I've got black leather in the Roadster with minimal CF accents (door sills) and it looks pretty good.
I'm hoping they offer rally style seats with the performance package. Maybe black leather with Signature Red inserts in the Signature Red car.

I agree. White is way too impractical for me- it would get stained within the first week. I have not seen the grey in person but i am not sure that i will like it. Could the black drown out the CF?

Once the new Design Studio is published, we'll have a much better idea of what it'll look like with the various mixes. I'm hoping the Alcantara can be a different color from the rest of the seats. If so, I'm might go with black bolsters and a tan center seat.

I'm hoping they offer rally style seats with the performance package. Maybe black leather with Signature Red inserts in the Signature Red car.

I can attest that this looks great...

attachment.php?attachmentid=3888&d=1326730358.jpg

Attachments

• 2010 Tesla. Red on Black 008.jpg
    2010 Tesla. Red on Black 008.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,618
Black leather just gets too hot. I'd also love to get Rally seats or other color trim. I'd even cough up extra for it. At this point I am leaning towards white - but as I get more worried about keeping it clean, I may get tan.
True. I think the auto cool function and the mobile app to cool your car down before you walk out to it largely make that less of an issue but it would still be hotter than a lighter color.

Again, I've only owned one car with light interior (my Q5). All of our other vehicles have black interior and they certainly don't feel all that much hotter. I'm up in PA though so maybe it's worse in the FL/CA-type climates

It depends on the look that you are going for.

Personally I like the grey since it picks up some of the accents in the carbon fiber

Black and carbon fiber matches, but it may create too dark of an interior (easily fixed by adding the panoramic roof) and the auto cool function should keep in relatively cool. I know on my Firebird in NJ the interior got insanely hot, melted some plastic items I had in the car, but that did not have the auto cooling.

If you want contrasting the tan and carbon fiber. My fear with that is that it will look dated in a few years. What I was told to never mix brown and black, but the current trend is to mix them. When this trend will end, if it does end, would make the car look dated.

Disclaimer: Never take fashion advice from a male engineer

I don't know what they'll be offering for the S, but for the Roadster, they offered both 'tan' and 'saddle' (a nice deep reddish brown). I had thought I would end up with saddle with tan inserts. I ended up with black/saddle (I kept the color kit with me for a week playing in various lighting!). Still love it.

I don't know what they'll be offering for the S, but for the Roadster, they offered both 'tan' and 'saddle' (a nice deep reddish brown). I had thought I would end up with saddle with tan inserts. I ended up with black/saddle (I kept the color kit with me for a week playing in various lighting!). Still love it.
I would like Saddle a lot if they offered it on The Model S!

Personally I do not like Carbon Fiber, but if I had to get it, I would get black leather.
But for me, Multi-Coat Red, Tan leather and Obeche Wood Gloss all the way. Beautiful combo.
This is more of an OCD attack, but for some reason, I can't stand a Pearl White Model S with Black Leather and Carbon Fiber. I don't like that.