Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla Loses Two Model S Executives Before Sedan Makes Debut

P6316

Tesla Loses Two Model S Executives Before Sedan Makes Debut

You know, yesterday Elon tweets about "herding cats" and I thought "that's weird, must be something frustrating at work" and I damn near decided to sit on my money for a few days. Should have trusted that instinct. I feel somewhat ill. Losing the chief engineer and chassis engineer? Yea, kind of crucial elements in a car.
    Last edited by ckessel; 2012-01-13 at 01:56 PM.

Peter was on the Model X last summer and the S is first year presold so this is nothing news in the long run.

OK, without getting too excited.........

How much will the loss of Rawlinson and Sampson hurt Tesla and their future development?
    SP-2823(sold), Tesla/Rav4EV, P+17252, XP-12

He was. I just hope that he left for personal reasons, not because he didn't like choices that were made or something like that.

I am very curious to know why they left. Tempting to put more money into it, but this time it is a disturbing development that caused the fall. hhmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen-T View Post
    Don't panic yet. If Elon announces a $1B deal with Toyota on the upcoming conference call, this drop will be erased in a single day. Also, I don't think the market has any idea how many reservations have been made in the 4th quarter, and we have the Model X event coming up.

No doubt, this hurts (and on my birthday too, thanks a lot). But I think the next few months still look really good.
    The fact it's two at once is what really bothers me. That can't be coincidence. People don't leave like that when things are going well.

I wonder if they were bought out by another car maker. The fact that Tesla's technology is so far ahead of other EVs, and that the Cheif Engineer and Chassis Engineer left at the same time. Would not be surprised to see them at Nissan or GM or maybe even Fisker in the near future. If that happens, we might see some lawsuits too.

Might just be about money.

Quote Originally Posted by lgagliardi View Post
    I just bought more options this morning!!! If I only would have waited a couple more hours I would have got them cheap! That aside, this is kind of disturbing. I mean I am sure we all want to know why??????????? This is kind of a big deal happening so close to the rollout of the S. My guess is there is good reason for it.
    There are some non-prof at teslas top. They don't want to know what the customers want/need - destroying potential. I still wonder why they finally made a type 2 mennekes charging cable - after more then one year i was waiting for it.
    Roadster EU#421 156.000km MS Sig P85+ 68.000km

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen-T View Post
    I wonder if they were bought out by another car maker. The fact that Tesla's technology is so far ahead of other EVs, and that the Cheif Engineer and Chassis Engineer left at the same time. Would not be surprised to see them at Nissan or GM or maybe even Fisker in the near future. If that happens, we might see some lawsuits too.

Might just be about money.
    They were destroying the value of their options.
    Roadster EU#421 156.000km MS Sig P85+ 68.000km

Thread Information