Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

32A UMC Hardware Limit for 25A ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Professor Dr. Anton Gunzinger CEO of SCS "super computing systems" bought a Tesla Roadster for there 70 Engeniers. The max charging current Technopark Immobilien AG offered is 25A. Has someone Expierience in modifie the UMC for 25A max, so they can not trip the Fuse with 32A charging selection. The Fuse is in a locked technical room, were only maintenance Peoble have access.
My sugestion is to install a CEE 125 -5pole, conected to a 2000A busbar with 3ph 80A fuse Adapter and a privat meter. Then plugin a HPC for 70A charge. This installation could cost 5000 Euro.

So limit the UMC Hardware for 25A is much cheaper, but waste the warranty, if not done by Teslaotors.

Anton Gunzinger was very disapointed when i explaned him: behind the CEE32-5 22kW plug there is only 7,2kW Charging power
He thougt 25A x 400V X square root 3 > 17,3 kW is good enogh He orderd only 16A because he thought 11kW is ok, but Technopark gave him there 25A max.

The UMC should come with a CEE32-3 plug like in Nederlands

K800_10.1.12 026.JPG

a Link for german speaking people.

Plan B oder Faktor 10: Anton Gunzingers visionary aproch for a future energy solutions

http://www.scs.ch/fileadmin/pdfs/SCS_Einladung-PlanB.pdf

"Plan B oder Faktor 10" Denkanstoss - Toni Gunzinger, SCS - Kurzfassung on Vimeo

EmQ > smartcharge.ch online next

Last edited:
I've charged with 32A on a 32A 60309 several times without tripping the breaker, both on B and C curve breakers.

I asume C32A B32A fuse.

In Technopark there is a C25A fuse. 32A / 25A > factor 1,28

C25A max factor 1,13 > 28A max. for contiuose current.

C specifications Overload factor 1,13 - 1,45 trips in a hour > 28A - 36A

EmQ does not support solutions with accidental behavier

Professor Dr. Anton Gunzinger CEO of SCS "super computing systems" bought a Tesla Roadster for there 70 Engeniers. The max charging current Technopark Immobilien AG offered is 25A. Has someone Expierience in modifie the UMC for 25A max, so they can not trip the Fuse with 32A charging selection. The Fuse is in a locked technical room, were only maintenance Peoble have access.
My sugestion is to install a CEE 125 -5pole, conected to a 2000A busbar with 3ph 80A fuse Adapter and a privat meter. Then plugin a HPC for 70A charge. This installation could cost 5000 Euro.

So limit the UMC Hardware for 25A is much cheaper, but waste the warranty, if not done by Teslaotors.

Anton Gunzinger was very disapointed when i explaned him: behind the CEE32-5 22kW plug there is only 7,2kW Charging power
He thougt 25A x 400V X square root 3 > 17,3 kW is good enogh He orderd only 16A because he thought 11kW is ok, but Technopark gave him there 25A max.

The UMC should come with a CEE32-3 plug like in Nederlands

View attachment 3856

a Link for german speaking people.

Plan B oder Faktor 10: Anton Gunzingers visionary aproch for a future energy solutions

http://www.scs.ch/fileadmin/pdfs/SCS_Einladung-PlanB.pdf

"Plan B oder Faktor 10" Denkanstoss - Toni Gunzinger, SCS - Kurzfassung on Vimeo

EmQ > smartcharge.ch online next

Try this link

http://http://idee-suisse.info/wp-content/uploads/Denkanstoss_Plan-B-oder-Fakto_-2.pdf

On the charging screen in the Roadster you can dial down the current to 24amps. The car will remember the location and charge accordingly. It is a 10 second software setting.

Does that work in a under floor parkinghouse with no GPS Signal

SCS Supercomputing systems has 70 Engineers with access to the roadster, Charging takes 32/24 > 133%

Does that work in a under floor parkinghouse with no GPS Signal
dialing down of course, remembering should be tested, perhaps the Roadster remembers the last received GPS position.
On the other hand, one of 70 engineers should be able to modify the small electronic piece in the UMC, which tells the car the max current it can draw, at least the old ones (grey boxes like the one I have) can easily be disassembled)

On the other hand, one of 70 engineers should be able to modify the small electronic piece in the UMC, which tells the car the max current it can draw, at least the old ones (grey boxes like the one I have) can easily be disassembled)

It is the new one with 32A, the old was 30A.
It is no tecnical problem, it is an organisational one, The boss, who is also a friend of mine, does not care about this problem and has not yet determind a responable one to care.
It is difficult for me, to see a unsolved problem, what i can easily fix.