Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Europe] How much are you willing to pay for 3-phase charging?

How much are you willing to pay (EUR) for 3-phase charging?

• 1 - 1000

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • 1000 - 2000

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • 2000 - 3000

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • > 3000

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Nothing

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

widodh

Model S 100D and Y LR
Jan 23, 2011
Venlo, NL
Hi,

This has been discussed in various threads, but the focus hasn't been there.

So I ask all the Europeans, how much are you willing to pay for 3-phase charging?

I'd like to keep this thread clean, for discussions about 3-phase charging we have this thread: Future Charging for Model S 1-phase or 3-phase ?

I'm asking how much (In Euro's!) you are willing to spend on 3-phase charging for the Model S.

I'm comparing it to the Twin Chargers. In the basic model you have a single-phase charger up to 32A (EU), but if you pay X you get an upgraded 3-phase charger.

Last edited:
I voted for EUR 2000 ~ EUR 3000,00, why?

I want to use my Model S, it should be ready whenever I want to. I'll probably to about 40k to 50k (km) per year and I want to enjoy my Model S in every way. AC on, radio on, drive a bit faster and not worrying about my range. Since the Netherlands is getting a better and better charging network by the day I want to be able to utilize that.

Since I'm spending a fair amount on the Model S already I don't mind paying extra for 3-phase charging.

It could be that supporting 3-phase charging on the Model S is expensive for Tesla. In the end the customer always pays, one way or the other. So I'm willing to pay what I've voted for.

I think you should narrow those that are voting in this poll. I should be for those that live in countries where three phase is available. Those in the US where single phase is inherent will not want to pay extra for three phase if it is not available to them. You will get more meaningful results.

Nothing. My config will be as high as 90k Euro so I expect this essential "feature" to be standard. After all, I don't expect to pay extra for the driver seat or four wheels ...