Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Accessories...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lyon

2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D
Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2011
Eugene, Oregon
Okay, so most auto makers sell accessories for their vehicles. I'm not talking about the stuff that you can equip the car with but the other things like rubber floor mats and roof racks. I know that there's a post about roof racks 'round here somewhere but what are some of the other things that people would like to see?

I would like rubber floor mats. They're not all that classy but I live in Oregon and without them cars start to smell funky after a few winters of wet shoes. I also want some kind of trunk tray so that the dogs don't get mud all over everywhere.

I know that they sell mugs and things for the roadster, but what else do they need?

Okay, so most auto makers sell accessories for their vehicles. I'm not talking about the stuff that you can equip the car with but the other things like rubber floor mats and roof racks. I know that there's a post about roof racks 'round here somewhere but what are some of the other things that people would like to see?

I would like rubber floor mats. They're not all that classy but I live in Oregon and without them cars start to smell funky after a few winters of wet shoes. I also want some kind of trunk tray so that the dogs don't get mud all over everywhere.

I know that they sell mugs and things for the roadster, but what else do they need?

At least with the numbers Tesla is delivering there is a good chance of aftermarket. There are rubber mats for the Roadster, and many Lotus accessories fit as well.

steel or textile grill to keep the dogs or luggage in the trunk! (in case of accident)

rubber floormat for frunk and trunk

luggage-suitcases that fit the frunk

bag for keeping your charger protected

TESLA door-sill stickers (as on the roadsters)
TESLA sunshade sticker for the frontwindscreen

bicycle-rack

net for fixing luggage in frunk & trunk (car is so silent I guess you could else hear your luggage move)

special gloves that are usable with the touchscreen

110v outlet, so you can connect all kind of appliances to your car! (barbecue, laptop, lights, stereo, tv, ...)

(heated) blanket to get nice and warm for the passengers

I would love to see an inexpensive level 1 EVSE, completely separate from your primary charger. Essentially an extension cord with a Model S plug on one end. Something that you would feel comfortable using to tap into that 110v outlet on a lightpost in the middle of a parking lot, far out of sight. It needs to be cheap enough that it is not a huge loss if someone runs off with it, and separate from your primary charger, so that your car does not become a very expensive paperweight until you replace it if does get stolen. 5 miles per hour charge is NOT worth the risk of a $1000+ mobile charger.

I don't know if it is technically possible or not, but a "Tesla to Tesla" jump start cable would be a cool accessory. It would be cool to be able to transfer some juice from one model S to another, if one runs out of charge 10 miles from a power outlet. Us Tesla fans need to be able to look out for each other.

Last edited:
I would love to see an inexpensive level 1 EVSE, completely separate from your primary charger. Essentially an extension cord with a Model S plug on one end. Something that you would feel comfortable using to tap into that 110v outlet on a lightpost in the middle of a parking lot, far out of sight. It needs to be cheap enough that it is not a huge loss if someone runs off with it, and separate from your primary charger, so that your car does not become a very expensive paperwork until you replace it if does get stolen. 5 miles per hour charge is NOT worth the risk of a $1000+ mobile charger.

I don't know if it is technically possible or not, but a "Tesla to Tesla" jump start cable would be a cool accessory. It would be cool to be able to transfer some juice from one model S to another, if one runs out of charge 10 miles from a power outlet. Us Tesla fans need to be able to look out for each other.

Indeed, these are intelligent accessories! and ones specifically handy for TESLA users!

Something that you would feel comfortable using to tap into that 110v outlet on a lightpost in the middle of a parking lot, far out of sight. It needs to be cheap enough that it is not a huge loss if someone runs off with it, and separate from your primary charger, so that your car does not become a very expensive paperweight until you replace it if does get stolen.

I like this idea but I am pretty sure that Tesla as said that the charger cable will only release from the car if you have the key.

Has anyone bought this new black piano wood wheel? And did tesla install it for you? Or would they?Seattle SC said they had never seen it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 225