Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance vs. S acceleration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand the Performance is expected to clock in at 4.4 sec for the 0-60 while the base S is expected to achieve 5.6 for the 85kWh battery. What should we expect for the 0-30 for each of these models? This would be a helpful calculation.

Every once in a while there's an aspect of the 911 I miss (the seats were a bit more comfy), but drivability is not one of them. I've got to imagine the Model S is going to be darned close to the Roadster in that department. 0-30 in the 911 was always a trick of getting the clutch engagement right, waiting through the engine spool-up to the meat of the power curve, trying to feel the fun part of the acceleration in spite of the engine clatter (all sound and fury signifying inefficiency) and gear changes, and dealing with the (relatively) super-laggy response on the pedal. Yeah, it was the best ICE I've driven, but...

The Roadster from 0-30 is just a stomp on the near-zero-lag fun pedal. Repeatedly. Without endangering expensive parts.

Yeah, but that IS the fun of a 911 (minus the "super-laggy" response because I dont have that problem:biggrin:. I did drive the Tesla Roadster and its great. The only knock I have was the braking didn't seem enough like my Porsches. I know my issue is comparing and they aren't comparable. The Tesla has an on switch....Torq is just on. I am excited for this baby finally showing up. It has been too long.

They need to go to a muscle car shop. They have dynos that'll handle it.

Haha, that would be a blast! Appear with an unsporty sedan there. Don't forget to mount the child seats. Place some more child seats in the back row. Bumper stickers "Seven Oaks Elementary School" and so on. Then, as you ask for a time slot on the fattest dyno, tell them "Guys, would like to do it before 11am, since I have to get my kids from school!".
And then the tape rolls out of the printer, showing 400 ft-lb right from 0 rpm. Their eyes will pop out so wide, they'll need help to search for them...

I read this about the Performance version and think, "wow, the standard edition will probably be faster than advertised, too!" In any case, unless someone hands me a lot of money in the near future, I'll be more than happy with the already beefy performance of the standard motor (but esp. if it, too, overperforms!)