Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which version Model S are you buying?

Which version are you leaning toward?

• Performance Signature

Votes: 22 17.5%
  • Standard Signature

Votes: 15 11.9%
  • Performance 85kWh

Votes: 21 16.7%
  • Standard 85kWh

Votes: 28 22.2%
  • Standard 60kWh

Votes: 25 19.8%
  • Standard 40kWh

Votes: 15 11.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, we've all seen the options and thought about it. I know that there are some who are still on the fence, waiting for more information. But as of now, which version are you going with?

Nothing like a good unscientific poll to spend some time. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Much as I'd love the performance, I just don't think I can justify the extra $15K up front cost just to show off what it's capable of. I've managed quite well with an almost 11 second 0-60 time in my Prius for the past 8 1/2 years, I think 5.6 seconds will feel like a rocket compared to that! Also concerned about those performance tire costs on the 21" rims, I put about 15k miles a year on a car and don't want to be putting new tires on every year.

I'll probably upgrade to the aero rims, but otherwise staying pretty basic...maybe the upgraded head unit if I can't get XM through the basic audio system.

I hear you about the tires. I'll need to switch to 19" all-seasons for at least four months of the year, so I'll be able to tell how much of a difference in ride and performance they'll be. The 21" wheels may end up on a rack in my garage or on eBay. We'll see.

Definitely sig performance. As someone's sig says... If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing!

Yep. When Elon announced the performance package in October, I was at the Tesla store the next day with my check to upgrade to Sig. :smile: I figured, if I'm going to go Sport, I'm going to get everything! (Well, except for the jump seats. No use for them.)

Last edited:
I hear you about the tires. I'll need to switch to 19" all-seasons for at least four months of the year, so I'll be able to tell how much of a difference in ride and performance they'll be. The 21" wheels may end up on a rack in my garage or on eBay. We'll see.
Yep. When Elon announced the performance package in October, I was at the Tesla store the next day with my check to upgrade to Sig. :smile: I figured, if I'm going to go Sport, I'm going to get everything! (Well, except for the jump seats. No use for them.)
Since you're already paying for the 21" wheels and need 19" wheels anyway, could ask them how much it costs to add 19" winter wheels to your order and have it ship with the 21" wheels as you said. I can probably keep the 21" wheels on all year down here. Wouldn't mind it if they came out with 19" black sport wheels either though.

Sig. Performance it is....

We did the whole standard car thing and then ended up with a pair of roadsters....

This time we are going to go with the "sport" right off the bat.

I can't freaking wait!!!!

As much As I would like to only get an 85 Kw model and save an extra 15K, I can't justify spending that much money on a car without getting the extras the performance comes with and showing what it is capable of

& I just got confirmation that I am a licensed Civil PE in CA as of today!

This is my present to myself! now If I could just find that $35K to add to my original deposit I would gladly be in the Sig performance group since I know I can cover the payments now
and like they say in Mythbusters as quoted by W.Petefish

summarized by me - go big or go home

Last edited:
My preferences mirror Mycroft's whose wife I overheard in the tent express concerns about white leather and new bluejeans. At the time I had not purchased bluejeans in over 20 years. I now have a new pair and would hate to wear them or have a family member stain the white.

Red Signature Performance with tan leather and extra aero wheels for use 6 or 7 months a year. (This assumes no major financial surprises.)

OK, we've all seen the options and thought about it. I know that there are some who are still on the fence, waiting for more information. But as of now, which version are you going with?

Emailing Tesla to get more information. $6000 seems an outrageous premium for the Signature, and that's the effective premium for me, but
I'm waiting to see if there's something I don't know. In other words, I want Tesla to talk me into buying the Signature. :)

So I didn't answer the poll, but it's *either* Sig or Standard 85kWh. If it's Standard it will pretty much have all the options of the Signature (leather, etc.) except it'll be a lot cheaper and I might get a different paint color. It will definitely have the 19" aero wheels. You see why I am waiting to hear whether the Signature actually has anything interesting for that $6K. I'm trying to get information on the difference between Signature leather and Standard leather, especially; if one interior treatment is better for my allergies, that will be decisive.

Just standard 85kWh. Paying 15k+ to go from 5.6 to 4.4 isn't remotely worth the money to me even though I like sports cars. I'd have paid 5k for a sport model. Obviously though that 1.2 seconds is important to some folks and I'm certainly not going to judge that, we all have our priorities.

I tend to think these polls are incredibly misleading though. The folks that'll find these forums are going to tilt heavily to the very excited early adopters who are going to tilt heavily to higher incomes and exclusive options, hence things like Sig and Sport are going to be vastly over represented.

Last edited:
I'm not 100% sure yet. When the options first came out I was ready to downgrade to the standard 85kW, but as of right now I'll stick with the Sig. I'm still thinking there may be more Sig benefits than we've been told so far. And I don't want to lose my nice spot in line. I'd love to go with the Sport just for the fun of it (and the carbon fiber trim), but I'd have to convince my dear wife, who is already suffering from sticker shock (no tax credits here...). So I'll say Sig.

Just standard 85kWh. Paying 15k+ to go from 5.6 to 4.4 isn't remotely worth the money to me even though I like sports cars. I'd have paid 5k for a sport model. Obviously though that 1.2 seconds is important to some folks and I'm certainly not going to judge that, we all have our priorities.

Wouldn't it be better to say we all have our desires? Wishes? Tolerances? By saying priorities it's like saying people who want the faster car have that as a "priority" over... what? Saving money? Brains?

Wouldn't it be better to say we all have our desires? Wishes? Tolerances? By saying priorities it's like saying people who want the faster car have that as a "priority" over... what? Saving money? Brains?
Just general priorities with money is all I meant. Every option has some price point where we'd buy it or not based on our personal priorities on where we put money. I'd "wish" for everything, though tolerances is probably an appropriate synonym.

Last edited:
I voted sig performance. It's between that and the non sig performance. I currently hold a sig reservation but may downgrade it at some point to save at least 5k on the purchase... (especially since I'll probably end up getting the pano roof and child seats.)