Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior design finalized

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that it seems like the interior design has been finalized and is going to look like the Beta, how do you guys still feel about it? I personally liked the look of the Alpha better but was wondering if people over the past couple of months have come to like the interior of the Beta and are ok with it now going into production. Me personally, I'm still not sold on it. I like the interior of the new 2012 BMW 3 series or the Audi A7 much better (cars in the same price range as the Model S).

When did the interior get finalized? It's not up in the gallery or in the design studio... was there a press release or a post on their blog I'm not seeing?

The customer rep I spoke to said the Beta interior was "very close" to what the production will be like. No drastic changes are planned from it.
Though it is interesting that on the site itself (teslamotors.com) they have stopped showing pictures of the interior in the Gallery or on the options page.

Last edited:
I too was confused as to when it was announced that the interior was final. I can live with the fact that the exterior is very nice, but not amazing, but if I have to stare at a bland interior day in and day out, that's another thing. It probably wouldn't stop me from getting a Model S after all this time, but it could certainly stop me from looking at future models.

I don't think the interior has been finalized to be nearly the same as the beta. The "divider" between the front seats has always been there on the floor.

That said, after sitting in the beta again this morning, I have no problem with the way it's designed now. I would like door pockets and a better console/armrest between the seats, but we'll see what they come up with.

Tesla tweaked the exterior between the alpha and beta, I am still holding out hope that we will see the same yhing occur between the beta and production. Some tweaks to the seats, dealing with the center console/bottom of the screen/arm rest and trim appointment, would narrow the gap.

Interior differences

The Model S will have Microfiber or the Nappa Leather, with synthetics on the door panels and dash.
The Signature cars will have perforated leather with real leather on the door panels and dash.

The Performance models (non-Sig & Sig) will have Alcantara bolsters and contrast piping (not perforated). They are intended to hold the driver in the seat during spirited driving.
The Signature-Performance will have the Performance seats, but will retain the Signature real leather on the door panels and dash.

Scuttlebutt is that the differences between the non-Sig and Sig interiors will be very noticeable, but I haven't spoken with anyone who's actually seen them both firsthand.