Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UNOFFICIAL Tesla Model S Options Pricing Spreadsheet For All Base Models and Sigs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone!

I was so happy to see the options pricing on Tesla's website, so I created a simple Pricing Configurator Excel spreadsheet for each base, signature, and performance version model. I just posted it to Google Docs in case others find it useful:
(latest is version 2)

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByoUIRtadJzYNjY0NjgyZjUtYzcwYi00MDBmLTkzMGMtYjQ4YzBhZjY2Y2Yz

Just click the link above in your Chrome browser, click on [Download original] to save the spreadsheet and open it in Excel. For Internet Explorer 8, go to File, download original, then open Excel and use.

If you see any pricing errors, please post and I will correct them. Of course, it's an UNOFFICIAL spreadsheet. If someone has the time to change the option number input to a pick list for each option, that would be great!

Have fun!

Russ
P 4,491

PS. If I had to lock-in my config today, I would get:

Regular 60 kWh in Arctic White, with: Pano roof, Aero wheels, Nappa leather, Tech, Sound Studio, Active Air Suspension, and Parcel Shelf. It would cost me $78,603 after IRS $7,500 tax credit and my 8.75% sales tax here in Fremont, CA. It's shown on the first tab of the spreadsheet as an example, along with a minimally-optioned 85 kWh that comes in at $83,551 after IRS and Fremont, CA sales tax. The second tab has the minimum configuration of each version, and the third tab is the maximum configuration. The later is useful to see the Signature "premium".

I won't be able to decide between battery packs until I can test drive, and have more information on pack ranges at higher speeds, e.g. 75 mph which I usually drive on the freeway with my trusty radar detector! :biggrin:

I will also test drive the Model S Performance. The fastest car I've owned so far was a 2007 CLK 550 Cabriolet (<5.0 seconds 0-60). It was a lot of fun to paddle shift! Now I drive a boring E-Class 350 Bluetec diesel that gets 27 avg. MPG and 6.7 sec 0-60. I can't wait to get rid of it when it's 24-month lease expires next November and replace it with the "S"!

Last edited:
UNOFFICIAL Tesla Model S Options Configurator Excel Spreadsheet - Version 2:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByoUIRtadJzYNjY0NjgyZjUtYzcwYi00MDBmLTkzMGMtYjQ4YzBhZjY2Y2Yz

To use it: click the above link, press the [Download original] button, save and then open the file in Excel.

Changes:

1. Changed Base Prices to BEFORE $7,500 IRS Tax Credit (increased by $7,500 each)
2. Added "My Model S Config" and "Minimum Config" tabs
3. Added a place to input your sales tax rate on each tab, with a link to all CA rates for reference if you happen to live there
4. Added a "COST SUMMARY" with Base, Options, Destination & Delivery, Sales Tax, IRS Federal Tax Credit, Reservation Fee Paid, and Balance Due

Please keep your requests coming, and I'll get to them when I have free time.

Happy Holidays to All!

Russ

> Good idea, gmontem. Will add along with an options sub-total line after I get back from the bike repair shop.

How about a row for the reservation deposit, if applicable, that can be deducated from the total? Available choices would be something like 0 = no deposit, 1 = 5000, 2 = 40000

You know, until this post I'd completely forgotten that Tesla has been hanging onto my money. My mind has been in the mode where I've gotta decide if I'm going to pay full price or finance the car. Now I realize I've got to come up with much less at delivery.

This is great, thanks. Be aware, the $7500 credit comes off your tax liability as a refund, but you still need to come up with the $7500 at purchase, so your loan (at least mine) will be larger than the stated balance due and unfortunately it's not like a mortgage, you can't pre-pay and save on the interest.

This is great, thanks. Be aware, the $7500 credit comes off your tax liability as a refund, but you still need to come up with the $7500 at purchase, so your loan (at least mine) will be larger than the stated balance due and unfortunately it's not like a mortgage, you can't pre-pay and save on the interest.

The Democrats in Congress were trying to change this so that you received the credit at the time of purchase (money went directly to Tesla in essence) but given the state of the current Congress there is probably 0.0% chance of that change being made next year.

Thanks to Lyle over on the Tesla Forum, we have a much-improved Excel spreadsheet you can use to select your base model and options using dropdowns to price out a configuration! I enhanced it to add the differences between Signature and Signature Performance, and posted the latest version here:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByoUIRtadJzYMWY1NzliODUtZTg4Ni00NWNhLThiNzgtMzU0OTRmNDJjNTI2

Use the [Download original] link to get it.

I also added the basic facts (range @ 55 mph, 0-60, top speed, battery warranty, supercharging, and enters production) and made them autopopulate when a base model is selected. (Included is "daxz" from TMC forum's calculated unofficial est. ranges for 75 mph.)

If anyone sees any errors, please post them here, so Lyle or myself can fix them.

Happy Holidays!

Russ

PS. If you select an option that isn't valid for the base model, it will display N/A in the Price column.

The only thing that works is to select the base model. The document seems to be locked. No other options can be selected. So i used the older document. My total for the S perf. is 101828 Either i get that one or nothing. The base model is not worth the money plus i need the longest range battery.

Hi medved,

If you downloaded Lyle's version posted to Tesla's forum, then the only working selection is the base model. His version doesn't show the basic model facts when you select a base model, either.

I just downloaded my enhanced version posted in this thread, from the link in message #12 and tested it. It works just fine. You can tab from base model thru each option's dropdown selection list. I'm using Excel 2007.

Except for the user input fields, the rest of the worksheet is locked. However, there is no password. Just go to the "Review" tab and "Unprotect Sheet" to unlock it. The might help if there is something weird going on with your setup.

Last edited:
I hope I am not too off topic with this, but...

I just played with the configuration linked in post 12. The options I like are:
300 mi pack, Black paint, Pano roof, 19" aero wheels, Nappa leather, Tech pkg, Active air, Parcel shelf, twin chargers, HPC

Without signature the cost is: $90,925 - With signature it is $98,925.

What I don't understand is why anyone would want a signature unless it had the exact option combination that they would otherwise want? (<-- this is the part that is slightly off topic) There doesn't seem to be any advantage to a signature over a standard. (other than the obvious - you get to cut in line and you get a red paint)

There doesn't seem to be any advantage to a signature over a standard. (other than the obvious - you get to cut in line and you get a red paint)

This has been posted elsewhere, but here's the current understanding of what Signature (+$3550) gets you over the most closely equipped standard Model S:

1) Get your car months sooner
2) Real leather on door panels and lower dash
3) Better quality perforated leather
4) Sig Red paint option
5) Sig White leather option
6) Signature badging

Note that for the Performance models, the difference is about $5000. You actually appear to get less uniqueness:

1) Get your car months sooner
2) Real leather on door panels and lower dash
3) Sig Red paint option
4) Sig White leather option
5) Signature badging

Note that the seats in both Performance models are supposedly the same, as are the Carbon Fiber decor trim, and probably the carbon fiber exterior accents.

Can we do that? When I asked at the factory tour, it sounded like they were "looking into it"...

You mean taking delivery at the factory? (As opposed to bringing a guest to take photos)

Yes, a Tesla rep said they are thinking about doing this. But I'm not sure whether that would include seeing the car being built/tested (or perhaps simply visiting the production line).