Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So... what base + options combo are you going to order eventually?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gg_got_a_tesla

Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913
Jan 29, 2010
Redwood Shores, CA
This is my config:

Base:
60 kWh - $59,900 (after Fed credit)

Options:
Metallic Paint (Green) - $750
Black Roof - No cost
19" wheels - No cost
Nappa Leather (Black/Piano Black) - $1,500 (seems to be the only way to get heated seats - needed at times even in NorCal)
Tech Package - $3,750 (ouch!!)
Twin Chargers - $1,500 (don't really need it but, might be harder/impossible to get the second charger installed afterwards - might impact the resale value too)

Total: $67,400

(California may knock off another $2,500 to bring it under $65K! Then, there's sales tax, etc.)

Happy overall except for the bloated "Tech Package" price... Grrr... Well, one cannot have it all...

Last edited:
My config:

Model: Signature Performance (probably)
Color: Signature Red
Pano Roof: Yes
Tires: 21" Performance, plus an extra set of 19" rims for snow tires.

For the leather color, I'm going to want to see it in person first. Probably go with black anyway.

Don't really need an HPC. I already have one for the Roadster anyway; if there's a low-cost adapter available I'll probably get it "just in case".

Don't really need an HPC. I already have one for the Roadster anyway; if there's a low-cost adapter available I'll probably get it "just in case".

If you've got the J1772 adapter for the Roadster, you could probably convert your HPC to J1772 and then both your cars can use their J1772 adapters (one comes standard with the Model S) to charge, and your friends with Leafs can also get a charge when they visit.

If you've got the J1772 adapter for the Roadster, you could probably convert your HPC to J1772 and then both your cars can use their J1772 adapters (one comes standard with the Model S) to charge, and your friends with Leafs can also get a charge when they visit.

So far J1772 is so rare around here that I haven't bothered buying the adapter yet. But that does sound like a good option.

I previously posted the procedure so you can ADD a j1772 to your HPC. You are then able to charge both without an adapter, though not at the same time.

Configuration depends, slightly, on whether I'm willing to set fire to $8640 to get my car earlier and get somewhat more leather. Which I might be (I spent more than that to get my house one month earlier) but it's still an absurd, obscene amount of money for that.

The leather's an interesting question: I'm allergic to most microfibers (they're generally polyester or acrylic based), and I'm allergic by inhalation as well as by contact, so I want as much leather as possible. But the Signature leather seats are specified as perforated, which the others are not -- and *all* car seats are stuffed with polyester, which the perforations might release into the air. So which will involve the least polyester exposure?... luckily it's not a deadly allergy, I've been dealing with constant exposure in cars, but I'd still like to minimize trouble. (If they promised me non-polyester, non-acrylic floormats, I think that would be worth the $8640 right there -- floormats shed.)

85 kWh pack if not Sig
White (Pearl if Sig, plain if not)
Body-colored roof
19" aerodynamic wheels
White leather (if Sig), Grey leather (if not)
Banana leaf accents
Tech package (backup camera alone is worth it for me, and this is one where there probably will be more than advertised, 'cause it's cheap to add tech)
Sound studio
Air suspension
Parcel shelf
Twin chargers

If available (I know, not listed yet), spare UMC with additional plugs. Assuming an extra UMC costs less than an HPC, I want one for home and one for the road. Just 'cause.

I think Tesla won't actually install the HPC for you (you have to get your own electrician to run the wiring, just like with your NEMA 14-50), so I think gg may want to rethink...

I honestly wish Tesla offered a truly unique color (not another dark red, which now that I've started looking, looks like every car on the road today) in the Signature, as that would be worth it for me. Metallic purple? Yellow? Octarine? :)

I think Tesla won't actually install the HPC for you (you have to get your own electrician to run the wiring, just like with your NEMA 14-50), so I think gg may want to rethink...

Hmm... you are right - Tesla stops with providing an installation guide for "your electrician" to look up to install the Roadster's HPC.

Okay, scrap the HPC Connector then; NEMA 14-50, it'll have to be. Will use the dough towards Nappa Leather primarily for the heated seats aspect. Updated the first post accordingly.

After spending a couple of hours wistfully thinking about the performance model and even clicking the "upgrade to Signature" button on my reservation page, reality is settling in that even a modestly equipt standard model with 300 mile pack is going to stretch our budget.

I think I'm going to go with a black (to avoid the extra $750 for color paint), 85kw, standard rims (to avoid the $3500 performance rims), cloth seats (to avoid the $1500 leather), stick with the single charger (another $1500 saved over the twin 20kw charger). I will get the Tech package, those are features I think will make the car much more usable. Sticking with standard audio, will hold off on the HPC charger for now.

So that comes to $73,750 + $7500 (pre-tax credit price) = $81,250 + $5700 (state sales tax, est.) = $87,000 + $2000 (shipping and destination charges) = $89,000

The lowest cost performance adds about $15,000 to that. I will get that $7500 tax credit eventually, and will probably pick up the HPC at some point since there's a tax credit for that too. But this is going to stress our budget and savings for a time to come as it is. Unless someone decides to donate about $50,000 to my cause a Signature Performance model is just going to have to be a wishful thought.

I found nowhere what base options are included
can somebodyhelp or have even a list
sample: are the seats with a backsupport
do the standart version includes light automatics etc

I only read about extra costs but find no list for all included standart features

My config:

Model: Signature Performance (probably)
Color: Signature Red
Pano Roof: Yes
Tires: 21" Performance, plus an extra set of 19" rims for snow tires.

For the leather color, I'm going to want to see it in person first. Probably go with black anyway.

Going with a similar setup, though probably in white. I will get the HPC since I never got a Roadster, and may even install one at my office.

I honestly wish Tesla offered a truly unique color (not another dark red, which now that I've started looking, looks like every car on the road today) in the Signature, as that would be worth it for me. Metallic purple? Yellow? Octarine? :)

Yeah, I don't know about Octarine haha, but I would've preferred something cooler. The red didn't look all that great in person.

I'm going to have to test drive the sport and the base car to see how they perform. The fastest car I've ever had was my '96 Impala SS and it did 0-60 in 6.9 seconds. It felt really good because of gobs of bottom end torque it had. No waiting for the motor to wind up. So 0-60 in 5.6 seconds for the 300mile version is going to be amazing. I think even the base 160 mile version will feel really good. But I'm still toying with the idea of the sport version especially when things turn out the way I want them to next year financially.

Also I have to hear the audio difference. I had a kick arse sound system in my Impala and while I listen to more classical music these days it's nice to bump every now and then.

Unless TSLA's stock goes through the roof between now and 2013...

160mi Pack ($49,900)
Metallic (maybe the Red?) ($750)
Panoramic Roof ($1500)
19" Wheels
Nappa Leather (have to see the colors in person) ($1,500)
Tech Package ($3,750)
Active Air Suspension ($1,500)
Parcel Shelf ($250)
---------------------------------------
Total: $59,150

I wish gas prices would go up. Then maybe I could justify spending more and grabbing the 230mi pack.

If I am able to swing a Model S (budget is a huge factor) It will have to be the 160 mile variant. (this will be by far the most expensive car I have ever bought)
I actually prefer microfiber seats over leather (have owned both on previous vehicles), so that makes that option easy.

The only option I am probably going to go with is the Pano Roof. The $1500 actually does not seem all that pricey for this feature.

I am torn on the color. I may just go with black, but when already spending this much on a car, whats another $750 to get the color that I really want (the blue)

Luckily I actually prefer microfiber seats over leather (have owned both before). The tech package, turbine wheels, second charger ect. all would be nice to have, but will push the price out of reach for me.

While I expected that the performance of the 160 mile would be less than the 300, I am disappointed to hear about the slower acceleration. The Model S will be replacing my 2011 v6 mustang, and I was really hoping that it would have better performance than my mustang. The 300 mile range one does this, the 160 does not.