Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which Tesla Models are you interested in?

Which Tesla offerings would you be interested in?

• Current Tesla Roadster

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Model S

Votes: 52 78.8%
  • Model X

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • Bluestar

Votes: 28 42.4%
  • Future Tesla Roadster

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • Other sub $30k offerings

Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Other high-end offerings

Votes: 15 22.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AnOutsider

S532 # XS27
Apr 3, 2009
*multiple choice poll*

Had a discussion with someone re: Tesla's position in the market and if going too far down-market is wise (somewhat mirroring the discussion we had here about sub-brands and such). To me, it seems Bluestar is the only time Tesla plans to go "down market", and even then, they're not going entry-level Honda Fit (I assume anyways), so it would seem they're staying mostly high-end/luxury. Will that match the buyers interested in the brand?

It would be interesting to see which products in their (proposed) lineup buyers here are most interested in. Poll is multiple choice, so check all that apply.

Obviously I'm interested in the Model S, but looking forward I can see that Blue Star, potentially, for a first car for my boys (now age 12). My wife will be needing a new vehicle in the next couple of years and we like to have at least one SUV size vehicle in the household for those times we need to haul more people or larger items or both, making the Model X a possibility. That said, I think we'll be more inclined to replace her current Highlander Hybrid with a newer Highlander Hybrid--we've been very satisfied with it up to now and when we take longer trips we'll need a gasser/hybrid and we usually appreciate the comfort of extra room for people (family of 5) and cargo, not to mention the convenience of having a more powerful vehicle when we need to have skis on the roof and climb the mountains to ski.

Interesting numbers so far. Obviously the Model S is going to get the majority of the votes, but interesting to see Model X and future Roadster as secondary leaders. Not surprised on Bluestar though, I was of the impression that, at least for now, those interested in Tesla are less concerned with the smaller mass-market car.