Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parts availability questions...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are roadster chassis parts (control arms, half shafts, etc.) identical to the lotus elise chassis parts? I'm assuming Lotus sends complete rolling chassis to Tesla, correct? Is there any link to a parts break down / parts pricing listing? Where to order such parts? Does anyone sell used parts other than the banged up front and rear bumper covers you occasionally see on ebay? Ever see anyone parting out a roadster? Are the 2008-2011 chassis, body panels, and suspension the same throughout the years? Thanks guys!

Lots of questions there, many of which I can't answer, but:

#1: Lotus did used to send completed rolling chassis (AKA "gliders") to Tesla, but they are basically done with that. The production run is coming to an end for this generation.
#2: Although some parts are identical to Elise, many are not. You would need to research it piece by piece to find which are ones that Tesla had customized.
#3: I have never heard of anyone "parting out" a Roadster. You do see complete wrecks go through auction sometimes, and that is one way to get a big set of parts. I don't know if any of the totaled Roadsters sold got "refurbished" and made roadworthy again, or if someone just stripped them for parts to go into some other project.

You could always try contacting a Tesla dealer and ask them about parts availability.