Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stupid Post: Model S & Celebrities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok,

Time for a(nother?) stupid post from me:

Thought it would be fun, if not a waste of a few precious minutes of our lives, to keep track of celebrities that have reserved the Model S.

I'm not aware of any (Denzel Washington doesn't return my phone calls anymore), but I wonder if there will be a lot of overlap (or defectors) from the Karma.

Yeah, I'm not aware of any myself. Compared to the Karma the Model S looks a bit more pedestrian, so no immediate "cool-cred" IMO. Once people find out what makes the car so cool though, they'll probably be everywhere, and lack of exclusivity once again equals no cool cred.

I do believe Robert Carlyle (or at least someone who looked like him) was at the Tesla event in October. He was in the same tour group as me.
He's the guy who plays Rumplestilskin/Mr. Gold in Once Upon a Time and he was the Dr in Stargate Universe

I do believe Robert Carlyle (or at least someone who looked like him) was at the Tesla event in October. He was in the same tour group as me.
He's the guy who plays Rumplestilskin/Mr. Gold in Once Upon a Time and he was the Dr in Stargate Universe

whaaaaa? He was at the event? Easily one of my most favorite SGU characters

Yeah, I'm not aware of any myself. Compared to the Karma the Model S looks a bit more pedestrian, so no immediate "cool-cred" IMO. Once people find out what makes the car so cool though, they'll probably be everywhere, and lack of exclusivity once again equals no cool cred.

I don't think the no-cool-cred part is a problem. Leo DiCaprio got the '06 Prius; am sure he, for one, is going to add the Model S to his collection that includes the Tesla Roadster and the Fisker Karma - he's probably behind in cashing his paycheck for "J. Edgar" :wink: