Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vett' C5 vs C6 from Stop Light

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wonder if every state has a similar law. This is golden:

You are a spectator if you watch or are present at an illegal speed contest or at a location (public street or highway, or private property) where preparations are being made for such activities, for the purpose of viewing, observing, watching, or witnessing the event as it develops. Anyone who engages, aids, or participates at a speed contest violates the law and could be cited.

What Happens if I Speed Race?

The following are some of the penalties you can face if you street race:

Be arrested and have your vehicle impounded for 30 days.
Be imprisoned for up to three months if convicted of street racing, or aiding or abetting a street race.
Be fined for up to $1,000.
Have your driver license revoked.
Have your vehicle's insurance canceled or premiums dramatically increased.
Have equipment violations issued.

NOTE: Spectators are also subject to the same penalties.

So, by the definition of the law, the people behind these guys are spectators, as are we for watching the video.

Wonder if every state has a similar law. This is golden:

So, by the definition of the law, the people behind these guys are spectators, as are we for watching the video.
No way, unless you can show that they had intentionally followed these guys to watch them race, they are just bystanders who happen to be observant. Why are your posts so "pro-street racer"?

Don't know the speed limit there, but looks like they hit 45, 50 at max. A bit crazy, but nothing insane. It just happened to end badly, as things sometimes do.
Irrelelant--they were driving in a reckless manner--had a biker crossed in front of them their rapid rate of acceleration (not to mention clear lack of ability to control their vehicles) could kill the biker--they present a clear risk to themselves and the public on a public roadway.

No way, unless you can show that they had intentionally followed these guys to watch them race, they are just bystanders who happen to be observant. Why are your posts so "pro-street racer"?

Irrelelant--they were driving in a reckless manner--had a biker crossed in front of them their rapid rate of acceleration (not to mention clear lack of ability to control their vehicles) could kill the biker--they present a clear risk to themselves and the public on a public roadway.

Whoa, take it down a notch there. I made 2 posts, and I'm not advocating street racing, I'm just not someone that automatically jumps to the "OMG burn them at the stake" way of thinking. I didn't know about the speed display law, hence I didn't see how they would have gotten their car confiscated like they were driving way over the speed limit.

As for the law, I misread it. It read to me like anyone watching it was considered a spectator. Or... Maybe you're right, and I'm just a street racing advocate. Where's the stake?

Whoa, take it down a notch there. I made 2 posts, and I'm not advocating street racing, I'm just not someone that automatically jumps to the "OMG burn them at the stake" way of thinking. I didn't know about the speed display law, hence I didn't see how they would have gotten their car confiscated like they were driving way over the speed limit.

As for the law, I misread it. It read to me like anyone watching it was considered a spectator. Or... Maybe you're right, and I'm just a street racing advocate. Where's the stake?
It was 3 posts--the first one you expressed you were more annoyed with the videographer than the racers, then the other 2 that I quoted above, and none of those 3 did you suggest that the racers might have been in any way in the wrong. Sorry if I've misconstrewed your intent, that can certainly happen here quite easily. IMO, this is a clear and obvious 2 idiots with toys doing something very bad in a very bad place....very clear and simple. Quick to judge--maybe, but after seeing that video the onus is on those racers to prove to me that there was anything even slightly reasonable or safe about what they did and I'll bust their balls until the moment they do. I see far to many patients that injure or kill themselves or others as a result of such sophomoric behavior.

It was 3 posts--the first one you expressed you were more annoyed with the videographer than the racers, then the other 2 that I quoted above, and none of those 3 did you suggest that the racers might have been in any way in the wrong. Sorry if I've misconstrewed your intent, that can certainly happen here quite easily. IMO, this is a clear and obvious 2 idiots with toys doing something very bad in a very bad place....very clear and simple. Quick to judge--maybe, but after seeing that video the onus is on those racers to prove to me that there was anything even slightly reasonable or safe about what they did and I'll bust their balls until the moment they do. I see far to many patients that injure or kill themselves or others as a result of such sophomoric behavior.

Ok 3 posts. Looking at the comments on Youtube, I wasn't alone (in being irked by the recorder). Fair point though, none of my posts are particularly ruffled by the actions in the video, but I guess because that's because I'm not. Perhaps I'm just jaded by seeing much worse on the internet to really get riled up over something like this. Though, if you see a lot of the aftermath and repercussions of stuff like this in your line of work, I can certainly see how it can have the opposite effect.

Either way, not advocating, but also not deeply disturbed by the video.

Don't worry Volker, just watch a few of these videos and hang out on WreckedExotics.com for a while and all temptation will be removed. :smile:

The thing I love about that site is that many of the stories to go with the pictures are hilarious. Like the guy who sent a Veyron into a lake trying to dodge a duck (or whatever bird it was)

*edit* a pelican

About 3 p.m. a low-flying pelican distracted him as he traveled north on Interstate 45 just south of the hurricane levee near Omega Bay.

Last edited: