Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New member, can't log into my profile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I belong to a lot of automotive forums, and this is a first. During set up from the email link, no problem editing my profile except can't use my avatar. But now when I want to access my profile I get this message......

deckofficer, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Can anyone help?

Bob

I'll keep posting, and as to the oil industry experience, I was an insider that was always considered by my colleagues as an outsider. Long story, get to it after I have read more here. Three years ago I bought a container of cheap, China made, Smart Car Electric knock offs. You know, a poor example of a Gucci purse. They loaded them sideways into a 20' container with a fork lift, so 5 to a container. I kept one, picture below. I also have a stake bed Cushman truck I converted to electric and a electric scooter I built that will out pace my Corvette to 40 mph. Hard to beat the "all available torque at zero rpm" of an electric motor.

Bob

DSC00662816x612.jpg

DSC00658816x612.jpg

605a.jpg

Doug and Volker,

Thanks, I'll keep posting and see if things free up a bit, but I just posted some pictures of my other electric rides and they didn't appear, but a box showed up telling me a mod has to approve. I guess I just can't get traction on this forum, denied accessing my profile and restricted from posting a picture. I own a forum, if all this would have happened to my new members it would not have grown to the size it is now. I'll be patient here because I've been into EVs for 11 years and want to be part of this community.

Bob

hi Bob - I can see your pics. How are the electric Smart (ripoff) cars? Are they legal in the US to use on the roads?

Welcome to the forum!

Augie

They can't really be considered a car but rather a NEV. With the states having different speed laws for NEVs, they just designed this one for all, with the controller programable by the dealer. If you don't set limits, it will manage around 55 mph, so no freeway use and at 55, the short wheelbase makes you steer with both hands and white knuckles on the steering wheel. Works fine for getting the groceries and other short distance, surface street trips. Uses a small 8.5 Kw AC motor and (10) 105 a/hr sealed 12 volt batteries.

The electric scooter is my design, and if it was a bronco in the rodeo, would have a perfect record. I had allowed 5 friends and family to try and ride it, and even with a thorough preflight of the fact you have all available torque at zero rpm and you have on tap around 30 peak hp, they all landed on their rears with one dislocating his shoulder. That is when I stopped letting people ride it. I used to race it against the gasser scooters, and on the last race they decided to handicap me by having it as a 50 mile road race on historic Route 66 in Arizona. The power of the Etek motor was plenty for pulling a 500 lb battery trailer with (6) 8 volt, 165 a/hr, flooded golf cart batteries.

605c.jpg

DSC00004_21200x900.jpg

DSC000021200x900.jpg

Last edited:
And I hope he does, because I'm so interested in hearing about the oil industry experiences...

I was employed in the off shore drilling industry. Since the drill rigs are 100+ miles off shore now days, they are deemed vessels requiring marine propulsion and thus required by international law to have a marine compliment on board at all times. There is animosity between long term oil drilling workers who have worked their way from roustabout to roughneck, then assistant driller, driller, rig boss and us new guys in their playground, Merchant Marine Officers. The only thing that could be worse in their eyes is a ship's captain from California. I learned a lot in that position, so much in fact that when I left the industry 11 years ago I became devoted to EVs. If anyone is interested in the rigs and their diesel-electric propulsion, I'll answer any questions.

Bob

if it was a bronco in the rodeo, would have a perfect record. I had allowed 5 friends and family to try and ride it, and even with a thorough preflight of the fact you have all available torque at zero rpm and you have on tap around 30 peak hp, they all landed on their rears with one dislocating his shoulder. That is when I stopped letting people ride it.

I bet it looked a little something like this:

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet it looked a little something like this:

Yep, pretty much exactly like that. By the way, tonight I am using for the first time a voice recognition software program, my keyboard is going to get dusty. Is anybody else using voice recognition software rather than using a keyboard? Another nice feature, when I learned all the computer commands, my mouse will become dusty also.

Last edited:
Yep, pretty much exactly like that. By the way, tonight I am using for the first time a voice recognition software program, my keyboard is going to get dusty. Is anybody else using voice recognition software rather than using a keyboard? Another nice feature, when I learned all the computer commands, my mouse will become dusty also.

Which are you using? The tech has been around for more than a decade, but I've yet to be impressed enough with voice commands to leave my mouse and keyboard behind. In the car? Sure, but at a computer, I think I'm still faster with the physical inputs.