Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Adjustable settings "Valet" or "Child"-mode

P85 #6649 "Magic Carpet"
    One of the things Tesla needs -- and I have mentioned it to Tesla people at least twice now -- is to set up a formal, organized system to receive feature requests, feedback, and bug reports. For issues like this, we could create a "feature request" entry and then have all of us add our input to that particular entry. Other people can simply +1 it if they think it's important to them as well, and voilà... neatly packaged ideas for Tesla on how to make us all happier.

This kind of software already exists and would be very easy to modify for Tesla's needs. Something like Bugzilla is free and open-source, and just requires an investment in time to customize it. And there are other options for this.

By the way, +1 to Valet Mode, Parental Controls, and DiscoDucky.

An option I'd like (paid if necessary, but not over $500 please) is a special valet key that offers a limited driving experience in a number of ways. It's not a new concept but would be more useful than ever on a car with this much stuff.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brianman View Post
    An option I'd like (paid if necessary, but not over $500 please) is a special valet key that offers a limited driving experience in a number of ways. It's not a new concept but would be more useful than ever on a car with this much stuff.
    I like that idea. Could come in a different plastic color (Red maybe) so it's easy to spot and it would automatically enter the car in valet mode with your pre-set settings.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo Paiz View Post
    One of the things Tesla needs -- and I have mentioned it to Tesla people at least twice now -- is to set up a formal, organized system to receive feature requests, feedback, and bug reports. For issues like this, we could create a "feature request" entry and then have all of us add our input to that particular entry. Other people can simply +1 it if they think it's important to them as well, and voilà... neatly packaged ideas for Tesla on how to make us all happier.
    Something like UserVoice Feedback might work.

I'd even want this mode for myself just to save my tires and always have a mode where it can go faster in!

So many reasons for not having to full 300kW available at all times.

Sent from my phone, so my apologies for typos.
    BMW M5 E39 - Kawasaki Z750R - 3-phase power - Not a Roadster owner, but the co-owner of my/our company is

85kWh - 19" Cyclone grey - Pearl White - Tech Package - PDC - Sunroof - Twin-Chargers - Light package - Nappa Leather

P445 / VIN 1794 ClearwaterBchSteve's Avatar
    Watching the valet scene from Ferris Bueller right now. We need this feature!
    Metallic Silver P85 Reserved: 3/28/2009, Delivered: 12/21/2012 (1355 days) C.H.A.R.G.E.D.
    FLORIDA TESLA ENTHUSIASTS (Treasurer & Co-Founder)

4GETOIL SS70, XS4, xR913 dadaleus's Avatar
    I'd like to be able to lock out the Range charging mode. Twice when having my car charged by a valet they somehow changed the car to Range mode. It pains me for there to be extra wear and tear on the battery from this when it was completely unneeded. I can't explain why someone thought to switch that--I'm guessing people are curious since they've never seen this car before, and flipped the switch or who knows what.

Quote Originally Posted by vfx View Post
    Which brings up a new concern. A Valet gets his 6th Model S of the week. For the first time the owner of this car does not set Valet mode. The Valet steps on it to merge with traffic and puts the car in the rear of another because it's so fast.

Don't laugh. It already happened at the first big Tesla drive event.
    Any ultra fast car can do this, and many of them have valet modes/valet keys. What's this an argument for?
    [/B][/URL] Sweet Silver Sixty: 60KWH, Silver ext/Black int, Pano, Tech, 21" Silver wheels

well if we make it so each key have a default profile that is activate when you enter the car
    and you can pin protect surtan profiles, so the "friend" / "valet" profile need to enter a pin to select a different profile
    but you can still switch between your profile and the wife profile without needing a pin
    and the you can set different limit on a profile, so I can make a profile to my friend

also a cool feature would be that the max speed is controlled by the GPS / navigation, as that knows the speed limit
    also that it store the route on the map so you can see where it has been, and the color reflect the speed
    and one more thing it would be cool if I can change profile via the phone, in case I forget to activate the valet profile

thinks I would like to set a limit on, via an option:
    * change profile (pin)
    * max speed (+10 i relation to navigation)
    * max acceleration (0-60 in X sec)
    * max distance from X,Y (valet can drive around the parking place but not leave it (it will come with a warning when i detect that you leave the area, before it stop)
    * log max G force
    * max volume (music)
    * block web
    * block driving history
    * block navigation (so valet can get his thieve friend to clean out "home")
    * set navigation to always show route back to where the profile was activated or location of your phone (when activated by remote) "patten pending"
    * block or log access to glove box / frunk / trunk / 3 side doors / drivers door
    * show that I will tip him if he connect the charger

Quote Originally Posted by dadaleus View Post
    I'd like to be able to lock out the Range charging mode. Twice when having my car charged by a valet they somehow changed the car to Range mode. It pains me for there to be extra wear and tear on the battery from this when it was completely unneeded. ...
    I think this "Range Mode" charging concern needs to be clarified "from the source". There have been statements from Tesla staff that suggest it is much overblown, and that only frequent use over long periods of time have any effect. But some are talking as though they're actively afraid of it, like it is causing immediate and significant degradation.

Thread Information