Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Base Model S Red!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

benraemon

Jun 12, 2011
I'm disappointed that they don't offer a red colour for the base Model S in the design studio.

I think it is a shame they only offer the signature red on the Model S Signature. The base model should have access to it, maybe as an option.

Do other car makers limit their colour selections like this?

I'm also wishing they would have the crimson/red color available for the non-signature cars. How hard could it be to load the paint guns with red for some of the base models? And yes, there are a lot of car makers that make special run colors only available on the more expensive vehicles they produce.

Conversely, they don't offer the dark blue on the signature vehicles, but it is available for the regular run cars.

There is a red called muir red which was shown at the factory event in early October. It has not yet been added to the online configurator.

The red in question here is also called "signature red", so it's no wonder it's something special only for the signature cars.

This is something of a concern for me as well. The only Sig color I like is the Pearl White. Maybe the Sig red, but I'm not big on red in general and it sounds like it may be significantly more expensive. I really like the blue and green on the non-sigs.

I'm currently at the Fashion Island (Newport CA) store, and the store manager Kyrsten said that they're hearing a lot of people who want other signature colors, particularly blue... so she says to tell your local manager... and they'll probably listen.