Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen3 "BlueStar" 4-door sedan styling ideas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
bs4a.jpg

bs4b.jpg

bs4c.jpg

Last edited:
Hi DAL

Great images, although Tesla have enough of a tough time trying to get significant numbers of peoples' heads round their technology, so unfortunately I think their styling is likely to stay this side of "reasuringly familiar".

Aptera are definitely more open to radical styling :)

Agreed. The Roadster has analog gauges, a 3 position switch in the form of a "stick shift" and the required digital screen hidden down by the driver's knee. No high tech leaning there. The model S is a bit more future-forward but it is more of a natural progression than some mega-leap like the disruptive technology under the hood.

absolutely, the BlueStar must be Fit for "Autobahn" (Highway), 100mph+x, by 100miles Range
otherwise it's a city-car, or simply to Green....
I would be happy with sub 100 mph top speed - say 90 mph. Give me range (either via big battery or fast charge capability) and reasonable acceleration (0-60 under 10 sec) and that's all the performance I need. Top speeds over 100 mph are Roadster territory IMHO.

Reminder - 2009 Prius prototype:
hybrid_x_concept_34-thumb.jpg

Mr. Musk is all about incremental design in all his companies, so how about this for a Bluestar

-Cab forward design similar to the above Prius, rear similar to the Model S.
-Based on Mercedes-Benz A-Class Mercedes-Benz A-Class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Also sold with Mercedes branding.
-Shares interior design with Model S, but middle screen is only touch on the bottom half (no seams).
-2 front seats, and 2 rear facing seats, based off back 2 seats of the Model S, but upgraded to full adult seats, accessible from rear of vehicle. Able to be folded down for extra storage
-0-60 in 7 seconds, base 100 mile range, top speed 90mph (no less, because the vehicle must be able to be match the maximum freeway speed in all countries, including Germany). Upgradable range to 300 miles (you would loose the front trunk) after market. Each 100 miles takes half the truck
-Available LCD screen embedded in back of hatch (only available big screen TV in a car). All web conections, and customizable interfaces brought over from Model S.

Last edited:
Hmm, personally the main factors that matter to me are range, practicality, affordability, and mass production volume. I want bluestar to be the car that will fit the majorities need, and the majority budget. Less of the luxury, and more in the bank as a consequence will be key to Tesla's aim of changing the way we travel. 0 to 60 mph at 10 seconds would be nice, and I am happy with 80mph top speed, so I can hustle in an emergency but as far as I see it, anything above is a dangerous waste of energy. Weight and handling matters as well, but I think Tesla will sort that. :)