Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

soo....1400 just got hit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
:cursing:

Porsche Cayenne just merged into my drivers side. Took out the mirror and scraped down the length of the car. Right behind the door it looks like it got into the carbon fiber.

Submitted a claim electronically. Allstate will most likely contact me tomorrow and the other driver.

Any suggestions on what to look for and to make sure it gets fixed correctly?

Will I have to wait 6month for parts to come from England?!?!

Thanks

and ya...less than 1-2 months old with 2000 miles on it!!!!!!

Last edited:
thanks everyone.

When I was doing research about buying the car, I remember looking at service and repairs. That's when I came across that thread that Doug linked about taking a long time to repair. Mine doesn't look that bad but will get a better look when the sun is up and can see it in natural light.

No police report. The guy seemed responsible (wearing a suit) and we exchanged info.

With such a small car, my radar is usually high when pulling past big cars and SUV's. I had just landed from a meeting in Vegas and was running errands (picked up my tux and my dates dress). I was pulling up to a red light going maybe 10 mph? When he decided that he liked my lane better.....wasn't really expecting it at all. I was too far to his side to see his turn signal (looks like impact was just behind my front tire) and my car is so low and being on his passenger side he probably thought he hit a squirrel at first....until the F bombs started floating thru the air.

also I sent a quick email to my Tesla rep when I made it home.

Almost immediately I got a reply. She already tried to alleviate my anxiety about getting it fixed and said she would contact the regional rep to take a look at it when it's at the shop to make sure it gets fixed correctly.

I have to admit, that the customer service has been fantastic. I can already tell that I will be replacing my VW Sportwagen TDI with either the X or S.

Tesla has been fantastic

ok....back to the bottle of scotch

Last edited:
See if you can't get a quick fix on the mirror so the car is legally drivable until all the parts necessary for repair are available for install. Barring that, I would wait until all parts are in before sending the car to the body shop.

Sorry to hear 7racer.

Too many people have no clue that they can usually be cited for an unsafe lane change if they change lanes in or near an intersection...at least you weren't at fault!

Hope the repairs come through quickly. I'm in the middle of getting my car repaired because I got rear-ended on Halloween.

I shudder to think of getting hit when I'm in the Model S (yikes!)

Mr._Bill.jpg

Glad to hear that no one was hurt...

Update:

good part...the other driver took responsibility
bad part...no one knows this car

Since he took responsibility, I assume it's better to do this all thru his insurance...someone correct me if I am wrong. Also, Tesla recommend I find a high end repair shop. Chime in if someone has any other recommendations.

yep that's what I was thinking. I get indemnified and my insurance company needs to "make me whole" in insurance speak and then they go after the other insurance company to recoup the cost.

where as if I go thru their insurance company, they don't have as much of an obligation to me.

However, doing it this way "shouldn't" cause any changes in my premium correct?

However, doing it this way "shouldn't" cause any changes in my premium correct?

As long as the other driver accepts responsibility, it shouldn't.

That's why I would have recommended you call the cops in this case. Even though it was only a fender bender, the total cost of the damage, due to the Roadster's materials, is high enough that a police report would be very beneficial. All it takes is for the other driver to claim no, or partial, responsibility and it quickly devolves into a "no-fault" claim and you're stuck with paying a deductible and having possible premium increases.

This is precisely the reason, even if you're driving a clunker, you want to have full comprehensive coverage. With only liability coverage, it's you against the other guy's insurance company. With comprehensive coverage, your insurance company acts as your advocate. The difference in price between the two is well worth it.