Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many will be ordering rear facing seats? Poll

Will you be ordering the rear facing child seats?

• Definately ordering and putting the tikes in the back!

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Not ordering, I have no use for rear facing seats

Votes: 67 72.8%
  • Undecided, I need more information

Votes: 10 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think very few people will want to take advantage of the rear facing seats, (Elon being one of them obviously), but I doubt their development was that expensive. At least they're useful to some people compared to the utterly useless solar roof on the Karma.

I've got 3 kids, but by the time I have the car none of them would fit back there anyway--would rather have the cargo room anyway.
I actually had gotten the impression that the seats would be standard equipment and am glad to know that I don't have to have them--was already trying to figure out how hard it would be to remove them.

I voted no, but it depends on the cost and what it means. If it's $500 bucks and the seats are removable, well, sure then, just in case I have friends over with kids and we want to take one car somewhere. Most likely though, it's not dirt cheap, so my answer was no.

Not ordering; the one kid I have is 5 and is shooting up like a weed so, he's going to sit the old-fashioned way in the center in the back.

My son (only child) is also 5 and 48" tall. I think that means he's only got 10" left. By my calculations that means he's got only 2 years left from today and we won't get the car for another year, so that means 1 year of actual use.

Besides we would not put him back there except when there were a total of 4 adults in the main cabin.

Finally they say that those are safest seats in the house and that there is a strong crossbar beam in front of their legs (able to withstand a truck running into the back of the car on the highway) but I remain skeptical that it is as safe as being in the 2nd row (traditional rear seat).

With that said, I checked the box for "not sure" because if they were only a $500 option (I'm guessing $1,500+ more likely) then we might still bite on it.

At pressent (ICE) my trunk is always full when driving the car to/from our cottage - Model S seams so roomy, that It is actually posible to carry the luggage in the front and at the same time make use of the additional seats in the back.

My kids are 3 and 8 years now, so could be handy to have if they need top bring friends. I guess I will likely have them, but in the end the price matters, If it's sub 11.000 dkr (aprox 2000$) I'll go for it (sales price in denmark incl vat)

Last edited: