Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[TechCrunch] 7 Seats? In A Sedan? Tesla’s “Flat-Pack Battery” Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Note in the comments that everyone is afraid of the rear child seats. Tesla has a selling job to do in order for these to be accepted!

I think the crash tests will solve that one way or the other. The bigger issue I think is actually having kids back there. I'm expecting my first in March, and maybe I'll learn differently over time, but I couldn't see putting them that far back. I suppose if the car is full then at least they're within reach of the people in the back seat.

The bigger issue I think is actually having kids back there. I'm expecting my first in March, and maybe I'll learn differently over time, but I couldn't see putting them that far back. I suppose if the car is full then at least they're within reach of the people in the back seat.
Well you wouldn't put an infant back there. Kids would have to be at least seat-kicker age, at which point you might appreciate the sepparation. :wink:

Rear-facing seats are generally more supportive than front-facing seats in terms of an in-line crash. With the massive beams in back and all the crash testing that was done, I really don't get why consumers don't have observational skills. I also don't get why most politicians get elected, fashion trends, professional sports, and so on. My passengers are safe. Probably safer since my Model S doesn't have a setting that says "I'm about to do something insane." :smile:

Why did you post in this thread that has been inactive since 2011? :)

Why does the date the thread was posted matter? He had something to say on its subject. Do threads expire?

I thought the comment by Vexar from nearly 3 years ago was weirdly prescient i.e. "My passengers are safe. Probably safer since my Model S doesn't have a setting that says "I'm about to do something insane"".

Actually, Vexar's comment was from last week. Still good, but not that prescient.