Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Readers to slash NYS managing editor for his criticizing BYD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pawel

Nov 1, 2011
As briefly reported, BYD pure electric car e6 available in China in present, will implement the newly developed “I” system. This allows many vehicle functions to be performed remotely via smart phone and using cloud-data for driving assistance.

Do these features seem stunning compared to other brands? Why they still recruit killer features for this car with much money on facebook page(/bydcompany)?

When could e6 be available in New Orleans? Anybody who can offer some info? TKS

To snag what’s really needed

I have no idea how manyve got annoyed of the mumbling arguments about EV features, I mean the wheelbase, the torque, the tires dimension, the suspension or ….Whatever. I’ve been involved in that feeling anyway.

As an ordinary EV consumer, I mostly pay the high heed to what really influence my practical utility, e.g. the battery capacity, or say the accurate drive range per charge, and the EV inside room capacity. Of course that doesn’t mean the bigger model number, the better to purchase, all depends on your factual demands. IF you have a big family and often make long travels, an five-passenger crossover BYD e6 with a range of 188miles per charge will work; However if you’re just seeking something personally instead of strolling around your community, GM’s 2–wheeled, 2-passenger electric cutie may be the suitable choice.

Many times when I came across discussion issues on too much technical points, I did nothing but let it go. I did not mean to irate anybody, especially tech enthusiasts, but just wanna tell some potential EV purchasers: Do Not Mind if you get it a mess when involved in a tech reference, just follow your visible practice, the best concerns.s

As one Chinese corporation backed by Buffett , BYD runs its business in a large range of Auto, Energy Storage, Solar Power, LED, Battery, IT and so forth. Having been launching a cash-rewarded EV-Rename movement for its 188miles-range crossover e6 on its official facebook page, BYD looks like an leading advocate in Green Transportation filed. However , this firm has been confronted with some negative stock performance, and that brought it into sorta troubles.

“BYD: Not Look Like One of Buffett’s Better Investments”, that’s the main opinion as the critic article’s title carried out at the end of last month by Ira Stoll, one pre managing editor of New York Sun. Ira asserted that "So far, the explosive growth of China's auto market has papered over the weaknesses of many companies. But as China's growth slows, those failings will be dangerous to ignore.”

But most of the comments seem not to buy this.

I've bought and sold BYD for over 2 years and its been very good to me, It has a future that looks VERY bright, this dip is just another buying opportunity, calling it not one of Buffetts better buys when it is still a 6 bagger for him dosen't make sense to me. And I still say anyone one that would make a statement like that is an IDIOT !
----------------tiggernlizzy

Not one of Buffett's better investments? uh, 500+% over 2 years not good enough for ya? This is even after the recent tumble.
If this is a failue, then I wish I could've failed along with Buffett and Munger in 2008.
---------------- mna

BYD is innovative, assertive and adaptable. They are into many things other than cars. They will emerge as a well diversified conglomerate with the likes of GE, the GE of the Middle Kingdom, making and selling electronics and appliances of all type, along with financing. Give it 10 years. Buffett and Munger will.
---------------- RMOC

Yang forgot to tell you that even down 21% for the yr. The stock price is 6 times more than what he paid. They have a battery business thats world wide. Their government supports clean alternatives. A slow down of government support and growth will still be 4 times what ours is. They will sell electric cars in china. Probably not the U.S.A. The crash test of their car was described as- horrendous- by an independent testing facility. That will not stop their sales in china. It will let them sell more.
---------------- WiBear
I never bought or sold its stocks while have been attracted by this firm for its eBUS touring exhibition around US since this summer. I like its amazing all-electric BUS and endeavor towards environment-beneficial technologies, and still hope it gets better. Anyway, almost every superstar must have encountered a series of obstacles in different periods.
BTW, BYD (01211.HK) just met the raising limit yesterday by a rapid climbing—15.6%, so as to its 002594 CH which rose by the limit of 10 percent to 25.63 yuan on Nov. 14, 2011. So, that doesn’t sound too bad, right?

Is this spam? Perhaps there's a language barrier? Seems to be promoting BYD stock.
Sounds like spam to me. All his previous posts mention the e6. Just watched a recent news report on agencies in Hong Kong that specializes in such spam (building up a profile in popular forums and then using that profile to help promote products for clients).

May be a language barrier, but for this particular thread, I can't really imagine why a normal commenter would post something like this, esp. in a Tesla forum.

Sounds like spam to me. All his previous posts mention the e6. Just watched a recent news report on agencies in Hong Kong that specializes in such spam (building up a profile in popular forums and then using that profile to help promote products for clients).

This is precisely what I assumed he was doing after the first post. I'd even bet it was HE who posted the comments on the article.

Well I merged all his posts into one thread. Pretty clumsy marketing if that's what it is, but we'll give him a chance to participate. If he engages in conversation, we'll see how it goes. If he just posts random stuff then we'll probably go with a ban.

So what's NYS? That supposed to be NYT?

At least, BYD spends some effort on working with the media *cough*
whereas activity from Tesla employees on this BBS has ceased long ago :biggrin:
This is not a BBS.
eusa_naughty.gif

At least, BYD spends some effort on working with the media *cough*
whereas activity from Tesla employees on this BBS has ceased long ago :biggrin:

This is not a BBS.
eusa_naughty.gif

Correct, plus I see nothing wrong with them not being here. This is not their official forums, and even if it were, it would be really annoying to get bombarded with questions you can't answer and be the target of blame for everything the company does that someone doesn't like. Not to mention they're a public company.