Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Research- We need your opinion!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla owners and fans,

We are doing a strategic analysis competition on Tesla Motors, and need your opinions! We are looking for Tesla Roadster, or future Model S/X owners to answer the following questions:

1. What made you purchase this vehicle? Why?
2. How was your experience at the Tesla Motors dealership? Which dealership did you purchase your Tesla vehicle at?
3. What are the pros and cons of the touchscreen center console? What are the limitations? What do you expect to see on future models?

This research will be presented in front of Tesla corporate members. Your input could make a difference in future Tesla models. If you are willing to contact our research group directly, we will be able to further get your opinions and ideas.
Please email us at [email protected] with the subject line :Tesla Opinions

*Please feel free to contact us if you have any other opinions or ideas then stated above.

Thank you for your time and any efforts to help continue our research,
Tesla Research Group

Hello Tesla owners and fans,

We are doing a strategic analysis competition on Tesla Motors, and need your opinions! We are looking for Tesla Roadster, or future Model S/X owners to answer the following questions:

1. What made you purchase this vehicle? Why?
2. How was your experience at the Tesla Motors dealership? Which dealership did you purchase your Tesla vehicle at?
3. What are the pros and cons of the touchscreen center console? What are the limitations? What do you expect to see on future models?

This research will be presented in front of Tesla corporate members. Your input could make a difference in future Tesla models. If you are willing to contact our research group directly, we will be able to further get your opinions and ideas.

Your choice of questions makes it appear you have very limited knowledge of Tesla, their cars or their business model; is Tesla commissioning you for this research or is this a school project or other endevor?

on my phOne it made it seem like mycroft made this thread. I was confused how someone who knew so much about Tesla could ask such... Awkward questions.

Couple this with that other guy doing surveys and my spidey senses are tingling.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

Agreed -- very fishy. In addition to the lack of knowledge on anything related to Tesla, I'd also ask who exactly this is being presented to. The post says "Tesla corporate members", but what exactly does that mean? Tesla's board of Directors? I doubt it, and as others note, it's totally not Tesla management's style to ask a third party to seek input in this manner. Be wary of sending an e-mail to this guy.

Looks like a regular dude who likes cars. Maybe a student project, but definitely not corporate research.

http://www.facebook.com/juan.c.balderas?sk=wall

275367_57212887_1382743476_n.jpg

Looks like a regular dude who likes cars. Maybe a student project, but definitely not corporate research.

http://www.facebook.com/juan.c.balderas?sk=wall

View attachment 3380

OK, but then why the whole cloak and dagger routine of doing market research at the behest of Tesla Motors etc. etc.? Why not just say, "I'm a big fan of electric vehicles and am curious to ask you all why you bought Tesla cars, how you like dealing with Tesla's "dealerships" (stores), and what you think of the 17" touchscreen on the Model S?" He probably would have gotten plenty of answers/opinions with an honest, open question like that instead of pretending to be doing some sort of quasi-endorsed project for Tesla itself, which makes him seem like a phisher.

He could be a shy grad student afraid to just come out and say that he is doing a research project and his responses will be included in some paper he's writing, (says the former grad student). After reading his profile, I am very convinced this is the case. UCF is trying to get more into EV research lately and even have a solar charging park. They don't really have any EV expert faculty really so anybody that wanted to do any sort of class project would have to go out and find the data however he could. He should have probably just said it like that, or better yet, spend some time actually reading the forum and all of the questions would have been answered for him.

Last edited:
The Facebook link that was previously posted by another forum member is the link to my Facebook. To clarify, we are not associated with Tesla at all. The Model S will come with a “Touch Screen Console”, as stated in the following YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIMeXIRLXKU

As for the “Dealerships”, they are privately owned by Tesla, which causes high fixed costs but provides a differentiation component to Tesla.

I would like to apologize for any misconceptions regarding my post and for not providing enough information about my intentions. I am a senior at the University of Central Florida and am currently enrolled in the course, “Capstone”. In this course we are trained to become a “Strategic Analyst”. We started the course by doing an automotive industry analysis then moved onto separate auto manufacturers and are now focused on analyzing Tesla. Our goal of the course is to come up with a new strategic plan for Tesla that will lead to a sustainable competitive advantage. Not only is this a required course but also a competition. If we go to the finals, we get to pitch our idea to Tesla corporate leaders (unknown at the moment). My group has done extensive research on the company, including analyzing the most recent SEC required documents, like the 10k and forecasted financial statements from Tesla. At this point, we have come up with a strategy and now just need supportive primary resources. The reason for my first post was because my group and I wanted to speak with current and future owners of Tesla models in order to find out their opinions about our idea. The reason we made a private email is because this is a competition and we would like to keep our findings private, until the end of the competition.

We would love the opportunity to interview a Tesla owner via “Skype” and incorporate it into our final presentation, as supportive primary information. Once again, I apologize for any confusion.

If you are interested in providing us with any input for our project, please feel free to contact us. We would greatly appreciate any feedback regarding Tesla Motors.

Email: [email protected]

I saw this post in moderation and left it there, but looks like one of the other mod approved it. Seems innocuous enough, but err on the side of caution. Perhaps another student. I get a lot of PMs from random MBA students that want help doing some Tesla case study. So it's not unheard of.

That's because I had thought of doing similar things myself, but realized, that if I spent more time reading and searching, the answer was out there. Plus, I interviewed for a professor position at UCF (to be amongst other things the EV guy). EDIT *gasp* I have a private message on this forum that I just discovered from another group of grad students, from a different university, doing something similar...

Last edited: