Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PM from 'MichaelMondon'

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Nik

Got there eventually :-)
Jan 18, 2011
Cambridge, UK
Has anyone else had a PM from Michael Mondon? He claims to be representing a group of students from Cranfield University seeking input about users requirements for hybrid sportscars, but the Google Docs site he links to is blocked to me as a potential phishing scam.

His message is well written, and Cranfield University is an unusual choice of cover for phishers. Can anyone clarify?

Michael - if you read this then try hosting the survey on your university's servers.

Nik

I completed the survey as it looked harmless.
I looked up Cranfield university in Google Earth - hey, there is an airfield nearby - possibly the Top Gear Track? Nope.
I PMed Michal back and encouraged him to drop the hybrid project. Turned him to Kevin Sharpe to ask for new project ideas to do instead of a sports car hybrid.

I looked up Cranfield university in Google Earth - hey, there is an airfield nearby - possibly the Top Gear Track? Nope.

Just posted about driving around the TG track on the 'what have you smoked' thread. Its located at a place called "Dunsfold". Cranfield is about 65 miles north of the where they film TG :-

Check out Google Earth " 51° 6'51.31"N, 0°32'46.84"W "

The survey was harmless (though had some baked-in assumptions). I filled it out.

I filled it out too, but it was amateurish. It was written with a point-of-view baked into it from the get-go. There's a lot to survey design, and it's all too easy to build a survey where you only get the answers you expect. (Our Member of Parliament is extremely skilled at this. In a bad way.)

I said I didn't want a hybrid sports car, and in the comment field at the end I indicated that I was only interested in pure EV.