Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue LED light - no thanks, this is not my first car, and Im going to drive in it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im I the only one who thinks blue LED lights on a car should be for another cutomer group (mutch younger type...wich recently got driving license and will have a car with all the plastic garbish they can buy...e.g. fake dual exhorst pipes, fake blinking BLUE alarm LED ect..), my present cars radio have a blue led constantly blinking into my face while driving (I have put gaffa tape over it, to prevent this)

Personally I belive all the blue led's around the car e.g. door handles, front lights ect. is only for prototypes - it make human skin looks sick/ill.
I belive blue color in the front head lights are not legal in scandinavia or maybe not even in EU
I hope the blue colors was just for the demonstration.

I would mutch rather like to se a sharp yellow color or a custom color choisen by settings in the dash (like philips living color lamps)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqVq1e7orpQ

This way I might choise red or even blue for some special ocasions, while I will use white most of the time - maybe sync the color with the cars paint :), meny car radios offer this option for the driver to select color in dash

Question - is the blue color in on front light leagal in other countries, and will that color represent the production model.?

Also anyone know what the button on the right side of the screen console is used for (the left is for the opening the glove box) desperate need 2 physical buttons.
#1 emergency lights on button, where is it ? - I use it regular if in need to stop/breake on highway due to que - this way make attention to the car behind me (witch might not have seen the que jet) - automatic emergency breaking will only work if I break hard - witch will not always be the case.

#2 a screen "power off" button, witch makes the center console screen power off/on - thus allowing completly dark while driving at night - I know the 17" screen is great, but in daily use not needed all the time, it does make some "visual noise" while driving - the abbility to power of the screen will solve this, and it will still be able to play music and take voice commands...

Last edited:
The left button is the emergency flashers, the right is the glove box. I'm sure there will be a screen saver option on the screen.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3026.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for answering this question, great with the emergency flasher button in place and easy to find - seam like a good placement for it.

The screen on/off could also just be a software timer like on smart phones (I would be happy with sutch a solution ) either switching of the backlight completly or dimm by 80% (almost off) - I prefere completly off
(no make that a custom setting how mutch to dimm in screensaver mode).

Sorry if my post was a litle harsh, wasn't ment to be.
I should problerbly have removed half of the words, and made it short.
- and yes my english isn't the best, Im danish.

My point is/was - am I the only one witch dislike blue light - I see it all over new cars (not only Tesla) - even the H4 lamp on my old ICE can be difficult to buy with out a tone of blue

btw. Im still going to buy the car, that desicion is made - Im both a stockowner and reservation holder :)

Sorry if my post was a litle harsh, wasn't ment to be.
I should problerbly have removed half of the words, and made it short.
- and yes my english isn't the best, Im danish.

My point is/was - am I the only one witch dislike blue light - I see it all over new cars (not only Tesla) - even the H4 lamp on my old ICE can be difficult to buy with out a tone of blue

btw. Im still going to buy the car, that desicion is made - Im both a stockowner and reservation holder :)

I think the blue light makes it easier to see ahead of you at night and that is the reason for it but I am not sure...

My take is that he was talking about interior / accent lighting.

For headlights, where certain technologies (e.g., Xenon) provide a better spectrum and make things easier to see, and they only appear blue compared to the dim incandescents in other cars, I like them. I do not like the fake racer boy blue tinted headlamps that are all the rage for the rice rocket set.

If he's talking about interior accents like I think, then I wholeheartedly agree. I hate the blue LEDs used on computer and electronic equipment in a cynical effort to look cool. Or for 'white' LEDs, the 'cool white' color most often used (all my LED bulbs at home are warm white - and it takes a bit to find a quality warm white).

Using RGB mixer LEDs would be cool. Customize the interior accent colors to suit your mood.

My first post wasen't very specific about where the blue lights/LED are placed.
I must also admit it highly depend about witch color you prefere for the car
the videos below are a silver colored car, witch I belive is quite nice with the blue colors

e.g. the retractable door handle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvu3Wgd1K_I
and the front headlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COunk5RlQug&feature=related
It might look as good on a white car.

Sadly neither silver or white is my favorite colors :)
my choise will be more likely red or brown - in that case the exterior light should be more warm white or even almost yellow/orange.