Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alarm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well most of the bad feed back was in the USA so perhaps it is still optional outside the USA. Here it is standard.

Seems standard on the 5 series and up but not on the 3 series (where it's indeed still $400). Just tried "Build Your Own" of a 328i and a 528i at BMW North America

Back to Tesla, I don't think this is one of those things that Tesla will nickel-and-dime on (or bundle into packages for) given that the Model S's price point is above that of a typical BMW 5.

I think the question about the alarm is a valid one only because lower market vehicles offer an alarm as standard equipment. To go further, what are or will be the features of the alarm system in the Model S since it is being marketed as a luxury car?

I'd guess if Tesla wants to be clever the basic alarm is standard equipment, though if you want it to send a message to your smartphone like was mentioned THAT is an option. Most people want that and at the same time they feel they are paying for a new cool feature not being nickel and dimed. Win-win. Well except for the fact that the extra features is a small software patch, but still :)

Cobos