Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The fun of it… I’ve had my Tesla Roadster for 15,000 miles and almost one year.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought my Tesla used and it was then 2 years old with 200 miles on it(#333- auspicious)! I love driving my Tesla. I may be hurting the planet less but I'm very much going with the FLOW. I feel more at one with the universe. Because I can move quickly & avoid the crowds, which I guess is what’s
happening in much of the universe.
Fortunately I live in an area with relatively open roads. Even if in an eighth of a mile I need to make a right turn I can take the open left lane at a traffic light and be confident that my acceleration will permit me to safely change three lanes in front of the cars who share that traffic light, and still be comfortably enough ahead to slow and make my right turn without delaying that right hand lane driver. I love that acceleration occurs at pedal depression and not on the two count of ICE engines.
On the open road one’s ability to be in the places where other vehicles aren’t is unsurpassed. Occasionally I’ll run into those bruiser souped up trucks with engines that probably outweigh my car but with them I simply wait for the appropriate moment, again the immediate rather than delayed responsiveness to acceleration is god like(but my god is loosely the 99% of dark energy and matter).
After a flash of speeding tickets I’ve learned things too. In our realm on high speed roads posted at 65mph you will not be ticketed if you’re within 10 miles of the speed limit, on residential streets with posted speeds under 40 the margin is 5 mph and in school zones the posted 15 mph is rigorously enforced. I call this enlightened policing. All us bustees help control the traffic flow and inhibit the crazies.
I love than one can stop without braking. This changes the way you drive and occasionally annoys ICE drivers behind you, but the mere thought that stopping doesn’t require use of brakes is comforting.
Making long freeway curves at speed when others can’t is also very satisfying.
That the audio and air conditioning systems are very 1950’s is OK by me because my first cars were there too, when I last enjoyed driving (TR3, MGA, Alfa & VW bug). Road noise even with the noise attenuation upgrades is still significant- but hey you’re driving & not on your family room couch.

Last edited:
Yes. I imagine ICE drivers are annoyed because I cease accelerating and apparently start braking(since they see the brake lights) considerably before they usually start braking. When going back to ICE engines(the wife's Lexus) I note that simply removing ones foot from the accelerator does little to stop the car. It keeps pumping gas wastefully until you actually step on the brakes. While driving on the open road I find that I keep more distance between the car in front of me than ICE cars do. This gives me more maneuvering room, more room to change lanes should that be necessary. I also find that I drive out of the packs that develop on multi-lane highways. I can accelerate to get in front of one group and I hang back from groups in front of me. I imagine that this maximizing of distance from all other vehicles is safer, but I do it because I can. With ICE engines you really can't.

Last edited:
I can only agree to those posts!
Additionally, one does not need a handbrake when stopping on an incline. The accelerator pedal responds very precise to hold the car on any slope.
And... wow... is it a pleasure to drive-off after!
And one more: driving open-top... what a difference! As with an ICE, one has to put up with the noise from the exhaust pipe. (maybe even with the fumes)
Driving a Tesla.. one just listen to the whisper-sound of air... Try it while accelerating! What a pleasure!