Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sarasota/Bradenton Airport

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was at the ribbon cutting for new chargepoint installations at SRQ airport this evening. The points are located at the Hampton Inn on the airport campus, walking distance to the terminals. Interesting that aside from the 2 chargepoints they have also introduced a number of special parking spaces for fuel efficient vehicles (what does that mean exactly?) and for HOV vehicles (if I'm picking someone up, does that count?):

fuel.jpg
hov.jpg

Was at the ribbon cutting for new chargepoint installations at SRQ airport this evening. The points are located at the Hampton Inn on the airport campus, walking distance to the terminals. Interesting that aside from the 2 chargepoints they have also introduced a number of special parking spaces for fuel efficient vehicles (what does that mean exactly?) and for HOV vehicles (if I'm picking someone up, does that count?):

View attachment 3292View attachment 3293

Hi Nigel,

It sounds like they didn't give much serious thought to their signage.

Did Graham bring his camera batteries this time? :biggrin:

Larry

Didn't see Graham, but he said to me that they would be sending a photographer. There were a couple of other photographers and some journos there plus SNN and they filmed one whole segment with my Roadster.

What with the interview with Graham, then our meet-up, then the ribbon cutting and SNN, yesterday was a real Tesla day! Thanks again for lunch BTW! :biggrin:

Edit: Here's the news video...

[video]http://bcove.me/kl9cawuo[/video]

Last edited:
Didn't see Graham, but he said to me that they would be sending a photographer. There were a couple of other photographers and some journos there plus SNN and they filmed one whole segment with my Roadster.

What with the interview with Graham, then our meet-up, then the ribbon cutting and SNN, yesterday was a real Tesla day! Thanks again for lunch BTW! :biggrin:

Edit: Here's the news video...

[video]http://bcove.me/kl9cawuo[/video]

Hi Nigel,

Is that you in the background on the left?

I throughly enjoyed myself, but my poor wife had to endure endless Roadster stories. :redface:

By the way, I received two RSVP's to our meet on the 19th. Klaus and Charlotte will be there as well as Dave. His wife may also come.

I'm really looking forward to getting together with everyone.

Larry