Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ken/Kent/Kerry Beauchrt/Beuchert/Beuchrt/Biker/Rider/Krider

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
Kent Beuchert (AKA "TheBike") seems to be on a mission to ridicule industry leaders, particularly anyone working on the west coast or involved with alternative energy.

To those of you who get the brunt of his wrath, don't take it too personally. Here are some examples of his scorn:

Kent disparages Martin Eberhard "I came to think of Eberhard as an unreliable version of PT Barnum."
Kent (as "TheBike45") goes after Steve Jobs "Jobs must stay awake at night trying to figure yet another way to lock consumers into the Apple company store. "
Kent slams Bill Gates & Bill Clinton "(Bill Gates is) sort of a Bill Clinton without the hush-my-mouth ability to lie and wear a big red nose."
Kent rants about Ed Begley, Jr "Begley's been an unmitigated liar"
Kent disses Ed & EVs again... "Ed Begley lies big time"
Kent ridicules EV buyers "These fly-by-night electric companies out there now are just milking the gullible saps who think they’re going to save the world"

Possibly mangling John Kerry's name, someone calling themselves "Kerry Beauchrt" posted similar remarks.
"Conservation is and always has been a total flop. "
"Einstein wasn't so original in his thinking after all, it appears."
"Niklas Tesla... was the fraud of the century"
"The UAW...represent(s) a restraint of free trade and engage in price fixing"

Free speech is great, but these sorts of comments get rather tiring.

Last edited:
http://blog.wired.com/cars/2007/09/separating-the-.html

Separating the Vaporous from the Real in Electric Cars | Autopia from Wired.com
...MAny of these "mushroom" cars will never see the light of day, or at east not for long. And batteries cannot be recharged anywhere at present for 10 minutes - the fatct that I have to remind people that the houseold can't pump out that muc juice is proof that current media people and others aren't yet familiar with electriic cars.
The idea that EV people will ahve to "put up with the hassles" of an ICE is total backward thinking. Putting up with the hours to recharge and finding a receptacle is a hassle - stopping for five minutes for 10 gallons of gas once every 3 months in a Chevy VOLT that costs half what a "pure electric" costs is called ectasy, not a hassle

Posted by: knt beuchert | Sep 25, 2007 5:24:12 PM ...

Last edited:
Some well-known names from the EV world did show up: Kent Beuchert (general-purpose antagonist),

Posting this time around as " knt beuchert"

I see similar posts various places using similar names:
Kent Beuchert
Kent Beuchrt
Kerry Beuchert
Kerry Beuchrt

I think maybe also as
Kent Biker
Kerry Biker

Possibly other alias as well.

I am not sure what motivates the guy...

Just for the hell of it I did a quick google on Kent.
It looks as if someone is on the case:
Kent Beuchert is a fake working for the oil / gas lobby and has posted on hundreds of websites through dummy email accounts (eg - [email protected]). He has been posting for six years on this topic - ridiculously if you think about it. He has made up locations in McLean, VA and Tampa, FL and goes under the guise of a computer analyst. Please forward any information you may have on him as I am writing a story. Regards - David Lassiter

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2007/01/electrovaya_int.html

I've seen a few other posts like this from David Lassiter. Go get him Dave! :tongue:

Kent’s profile here:
www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A3OQV8OX2SQ08H
says his nickname is “thebike”
If you take a trip back into the Tesla blog last year you may note that (possibly) the same person appears to have gone on an anti-Tesla tirade before.
www.teslamotors.com/blog2/?p=27
Back in that blog the postings came from
“Kerry Biker” and “Ken Beauchrt”
I suspect that “Kerry Beauchrt” = “Kerry Biker” = “Ken Beauchrt” = “Kent Beauchrt” and whomever that is seems to be on a mission to ridicule EV fanatics.
Here are a few more examples of rants from this “Beauchrt” character:
www.autoblog.com/2006/10/31/sema-ed-begley-jr-says-sema-can-help-with-electric-vehicles-i/
www.cw.ua.edu/home/index.cfm?event=displayArticleComments&ustory_id=c738240e-cec3-4e9d-b53b-a03609c49e63
itsgettinghotinhere.org/2006/11/16/new-electric-car-races-past-the-prius/feed/
http://blogs.business2.com/greenwombat/2007/11/californias-fir.html
http://www.worldchanging.com/archives/005199.html
http://www.ecorazzi.com/?p=1584
www.dailycollegian.com

Last edited:
Kent's blogsmith profile

11/04/2007"Chris Paine is a complete liar."
11/03/2007"The EV-1 stands as a monument to poor judgment"
11/01/2007"It’s high time this country stopped rewarding shoddy quality electricity in the form of wind and photovoltaic with outrageous subsidies."
10/29/2007"wind and solar photovoltaic, two really stupid and expensive ways to make electricity"
10/28/2007"I’m ready to write Tesla Corporation’s obituary.... I would start shorting any Tesla stock I could find"
10/25/2007"conservation efforts are dead ends"
10/23/2007"We in the electric car asociation take offense at Hollywood no-nothings spreading lies for profit about cars such as the EV-1"
10/22/2007"Calling the impractical, exorbitantly expensive Tesla as 'ahead of its time' is totally absurd."
10/20/2007"Why do rabid environmentalists keep trying to stuff crappy technology like this (and wind and photovoltaic) down everyone's throat?"
10/18/2007"When will the stupid EV dolts understand that without a good battery no body can built a viable EV"
10/18/2007 "How about GM admitting that they should never have built the EV-1"
10/18/2007"{WKtEC} is total fiction"
10/17/2007"{WKtEC} is a pack of lies."
10/17/2007 "...that pack of lies called {WKtEC}"
10/16/2007"...useless wind turbines and photovoltaic roofs..."
10/16/2007"Why is Eberhard still around, embarrassing his company everytime he shoots his mouth off?"
10/15/2007"If it weren't for ... global warming , the electric car would still be solely in the realm for crankpots and eccentrics."
10/14/2007"Toyota better kiss their ass goodbye - they're dogmeat."
10/13/2007"Better come up with a better fantasy than the EV-1"
10/12/2007"{Zap-X} will, however, be, unlike the Tesla, a viable car"
10/07/2007"{WKtEC} is totally fictitioius...Paines lying film....Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha. What a boob."
09/23/2007"Tesla is a joke...a silly stunt."
09/17/2007"Did they call Tesla 'crappy' or 'scrappy'? Crappy is the better fit."
08/18/2007"The EV-1 was a piece of crap and everbody knew it at the time."
08/17/2007"average electric rate was 8.5 cents, which is what I pay in Florida, and my friend pays in Virginia"
08/12/2007"Tom Gage is living in a dream world...Good riddance to AC Propulsion."
08/12/2007"I came to think of Eberhard as an unreliable version of PT Barnum."
08/01/2007"These fly-by-night electric companies out there now are just milking the gullible saps who think they’re going to save the world"
07/26/2007"{WKtEC} was the biggest piece of fiction ever put on film."
06/23/2007"Tesla execs also made false claims about the cost of their battery pack and are guilty of misleading customers"
06/20/2007"Photovoltaic used by Google is economically nonsensical"
06/11/2007"It would be hard to find a film containing more lies than Chris Paine's {WKtEC}"
05/31/2007"As an expert on electric cars...The EV-1 was not the wonder car the film claims"
05/30/2007"Tesla’s batteries are so primitive that they require 4 hours to recharge"
05/23/2007"Distributed electricity production is just plain dumb."
04/22/2007"Wind power truly sucks."
04/11/2007"...aftermarket con job conversions..."
03/17/2007"The EV-1 was a piece of crap....the pathetic EV-1, or the insignificant Tesla"
03/14/2007"the EV-1, a crappy little car that only a well-heeled Hollywood actor could afford or tolerate"
01/14/2007"I judge the Zenn to be a total ripoff. "
01/11/2007"Thanksto Chris Paine for his fictitious {WKtEC}...Paine extorted promises from Toyota...Paine's apparently not only a liar and a fool, but a sleazebag as well."
01/11/2007"criticized the Tesla for its Rube Goldberg approach...an impractical, overpriced toy whose existence depends entirely upon the owner's close relationship with his millionaire Hollywood thespian good old buddies...the Tesla, the EV1, the Honda EV, or the Toyota Rav 4... modern day Edsels that fully deserved to die."
01/07/2007"GM's problems begin and end with the UAW."
12/02/2006"Tesla technology is a dead end"
11/17/2006"NanoSafes ... last probably 5 times longer than the laptop batteries in the Tesla"
11/16/2006"As an electric car proponent, I wouldn’t touch this {Tesla} monstrosity."
11/01/2006"The problem with Begley in my view is that he's been a unmitigated liar"
10/27/2006"The Tesla electric sports car has an idiotic battery pack"
10/18/2006"The Tesla will have obsolete technology when it is delivered to its initial customers."
10/13/2006"obsolete batteries"
09/29/2006"The problem right now with the Tesla is that it's using an obsolete battery"
09/11/2006"{WKtEC} is a pack of lies and cover ups... Ed Begley lies big time"
09/02/2006"PV solar is terribly ineffective at this time."
09/02/2006"...foolishly bought into the idea that the electric car is the cleanest"
08/23/2006"Only those Hollywood goofballs like George Gooney with more money than sense are buying these turkeys."
08/08/2006"{WKtEC} is the silliest piece of trash in quite some time"

Last edited:
Kent=Kerry? You decide ... In this blog we see both at once:
12/29/2006 Kent Beuchert: "... For all you electric car neophytes, we talk mileages in terms of kilowatt hours..."
12/29/2006 Kerry Beauhrt: "Tesla Motors has (rather fraudulently) claimed that {their batteries} last 100,000 miles."
---
09/21/2006 ken beauchrt: "I more accurately describe {WKtEC} as a fictionalized con job"
11/15/2006 kerry beauchrt: "I more accurately describe {WKtEC} as a fictionalized con job"
11/14/2006 kerry beauchrt: "The EV1 should never have been put on the market. The car was a piece of crap."
11/13/2006 kerry beauchrt: "that pack of lies about GM's EV1, 'Who Killed the Electric Car?'"
10/01/2006 Kerry Beauchrt: "the Tesla will fail just like the other 8 electric cars produced by automakers since 1907"
09/02/2006 kerrry Beauchrt: "no electric car can satisfy a person’s driving requirements."
08/25/2006 Kerry Beauchrt: "Only gullible fools are braindead enought to believe that totally implausible and lying fraudulent piece of crap movie by Chris (the Fool) Paine... I’m amazed they found 400 California airheads willing to pay for the right to be so totally inconvenienced."
07/31/2006 Kerry Beauchrt: "The author of that article doesn’t exhibit any observable knowledge of the US power industry. It is purely hype and fraudulent claims.... Even during the dark days of the Carter Administration during the 70’s, conservation was no answer.... If you don’t believe this, just take a look at the gasoline consumption in this country after prices tripled - it has increased.... Conservation is and always has been a total flop. I’m getting tired of people even suggesting conservation.... They are totally naiive and aren’t affecting anything."
07/22/2006 kerry beauchrt: "Tesla company statements have a scent of fraud about them"
07/22/2006 Kerrry Beauchrt: "... before Bush, this country had NO energy policy. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. ... Niklas Tesla … was the fraud of the century"
07/22/2006 Kerry Beauchrt: "Some still either remember what they read 25 years ago about wind power and think it’s still true, or are just plain lying when they say wind power isn’t worth it. There is NO beter source of electricity today than wind power. Period."
07/01/2006: kerry beauchrt: "I believe butanol will be the way to go for existing vehicles. Ethanol is so completely inferior to butanol, I can’t see it succeeding in the market after butanol processes acheive high yields."
06/22/2006 Kerry beauchrt: "GM ’s highly paid unionized work force … is the main reason that GM can’t make profits on smaller cars.... I will never spend a penny on any car built by those UAW pirates"
06/08/2006 Kerry Beauchrt ([email protected]) wrote: ”Einstein wasn’t so original in his thinking after all, it appears…”
05/19/2006 kerry beauchrt: "it always comes down to crappy, inefficient batteries"
05/15/2006: kent beuchert: "Wind power is a joke that is making windfarm owners rich off of fed subsidies"

Last edited:
Nice one TEG...
Though I would have guessed that if the one of the car companies wanted someone to troll forums they'd get someone with better language skills than a foreigner (i.e. me).

I also can't understand why he is talking *sugar* about solar and wind power. I understand that currently electric vehicles bring some compromises compared to gas cars, but solar power ??

Cobos

Kerry Beauchert = Kerry Biker?
Both posted here:

09/29/2006 Kerry Biker wrote: "if Tesla Motors delivers their car with its now totally obsolete and impractical batteries, not to mention all of the Rube Goldberg paraphernalia required to manage the battery packs, they can reasonably be considered DOA."
10/01/2006 Kerry Beauchrt wrote: "Is Martin going to deliver his car with his Rube Goldberg battery monitoring system and obsolete lithium ion batteries?"

This is really looking like it's a dedicated effort to spread FUD from most probably one of the big 3. Why don't they have the guts to do that with their name on it, instead of using a silly made-up person like this is a bit beyond me.
Look at Tesla they at least get their Marketing director to do these stunts on blogs and it gets them respect instead of ridicule...

Cobos