Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grand opening for Bellevue store & closing Seattle store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most of the Seattle area early deposit holders are "eastsiders" ( closer to Bellevue than Seattle ) and we told them 3 years ago to locate the store on the eastside.
They should have listened 3 years ago.

I was at the Seattle store yesterday and Jenny (the woman at the front desk) said they would be there until the end of the lease (didn't ask when that is) and that they'll have a better idea of what's going to happen when they get closer to that date.

I think part of the Seattle store front allure has to do with being able to say that Tesla has a store in Seattle. Everyone in the country has an idea of where Seattle is. But if you tell them Bellevue Washington they'll confuse it with the Washington on the East coast. I think the work around for that is calling it "Tesla of Seattle" in Bellevue.

Just found this while reading another thread: Tesla has a tough choice in finding a location that stands out, isn't crazy expensive and is convenient for both current owners and prospective Roadster and Model S owners. Eventually, they will have a presence on both sides of the lake, but we all want a visible, accessible location on our side. The conversation was pretty similar to the discussions on the owners forum for New York, Chicago and Miami.

See below for a link to my source. It is a bit dated (over three years old) but still a good read.
http://www.saxton.org/tom_saxton/2008/09/tesla-motors-seattle-road-show.html

Looking forward to more locations as Tesla continues to grow. I'll be first in line for a job at the Bellevue Service Center when it opens.

The wife and I went to the Bellevue pre-opening party this evening. Just about what I expected it to be. LOTS of people! Standing room only. I saw one celebrity in attendance, Dale Chihuly, a famous local glass artist.

I should be able to post a couple pics from the event tomorrow.

There was a pre-opening party?! Kind of hard to miss Dale Chihuly if you know what he looks like =) I'd love to have one of his works some day. Looking forward to the pictures.

The wife said they moved the car (not certain that it was a Model S anyway) that they had on display to make room for pumpkins and other Halloween decorations on the day of my previous post.

Last edited:
Here are the pictures I took at the event. I'll be able to take more this afternoon of the car when there'll be a LOT fewer people in the way. The first picture is what the venue looked like before the event started, the second around 40 minutes later when I left, and the third is what it looked like inside the store. Standing room only!

Pre.jpg

Post.jpg

Inside.jpg