Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you've had dealings with Carbon One, please read.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
***THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION OF ADDITIONAL BUSINESS. THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD IS TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IS OWED AND TO WHOM. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE YOU TO ATTEMPT TO PLACE A NEW ORDER FOR PRODUCT UNTIL I CAN BOTH SATISFY PRIOR COMMITMENTS AND PAY PROPER ADVERTISING FEES***

Hi everyone,

My name is Alan Eosso and I'd like to take a moment to discuss Carbon One's issues on this, and other, website(s). Currently, I'm in the process of forming a partnership with John Perez, the owner of the now defunct Carbon One, in the south Florida market. Before I can work on creating new business, I'd like to address and try to clean up any messes created prior to my involvement.

Essentially, I'm moving him down and setting up a shop in the greater Broward County area. Frankly, I don't think it reasonable to get into business with someone who has disappointed clients the past without getting square with them first.

As a member in good standing of several enthusiast forums, I think I can get this all cleaned up in a relatively short period of time and make sure you all get that for which you've paid. The first thing I need to do, though, is get a list of who has made payments but failed to receive product, the product(s) in question, and a method of contact for those people. (your date of payment would be helpful, as well.)

I'm aware of the fact he's had significant issues both in terms of over-commitment and under-delivery, so as you can imagine, I find his past business practices to have been more than a little concerning.

The point of this conversation is to share a new point of contact with those who have paid for parts, figure out exactly what he owes and to whom, so they can get that for which they've already paid, as well as become the single point of contact for ANY future dealings.

Like many of the members on the site, I've purchased carbon parts from Carbon One (for my Lotus Exige) and was left with an unsatisfying experience; not by the quality, but by the long delivery times and feelings of having been mislead. The one thing that appears to be a constant with Carbon One, however, is the fact that he's never tried to run. He hasn't changed his name and he's been basically in the same place throughout.

Based on an analyses of his business dealings, it appears Carbon One's problems aren't that of intentional deception, but that of poor fiscal and business management skills. (I can tell you story after story of how the then emerging turbo market within the Mustang Community experienced a similar birthing issue 5 -6 years ago.)

In fact, I've had a few conversations with a member here (Benji4, I believe) who has made comments consistent with what I think I've observed organically.

I understand that I have no financial ties to anything Carbon One has done prior to today, but in an effort to put a little goodwill into the universe, I've discussed with John his existing backlog and my absolute expectation for us to satisfy any and all transactions for which he's taken money, yet failed to deliver product. I can not and will not go into business with someone unwilling to fix his/her mistakes.

Moving forward, my involvement within the organization is focused on three key areas of performance.

1. Deliver a robust manufacturing process to ensure smooth and timely delivery of product orders, while helping to maintain the highest standards of quality. I realize the need to deliver ahead of schedule is vital to any business' survival and are building a strategic foundation accordingly. Additionally, we absolutely will not be accepting deposits for orders unless we physically have said part completed and ready to ship the same day we receive funds.

2. Provide a strong fiduciary backbone in terms of both effective cash flow management and overall financial stability. We don't need anyone's money today in order to produce a product for sale tomorrow.

3. Development of a multi-platform sales channel for the purposes of aggressive, continuous, and stable business growth. Ultimately, in a rapidly globalizing market; a business that isn't scalable, isn't much of a business at all.

Personally, I've got degree in Business Administration (Management) with a minor in Marketing, as well as 10 years in the automotive retail vertical, of which, the last 8 having specialized in e-business and marketing.

In fact, over the last two years, I was a part of Ford Motor Company's Digital Marketing Team as a full time consultant. Specifically, I specialized in SEM/SEO strategy development, as well as online business transactional process development/implementation.

I'm also walking away from my private consulting company that's been doing reasonably well, in order to make this work with John.

On top of that, my wife also has more than 10 years in the marketing space and is currently the Executive Director of Marketing and e-Commerce for a large and well respected automotive dealer group.

Lastly, I've got more than 10 years of successful selling, albeit privately, on various forums.

I'm posting this under not an anonymous business name, but the same name I've used for the last 10+ years of forum membership. If you Google "Big Top Gt", you'll find me in seconds. The same goes for a Google search of my real name (Junior, not Senior with is my father), which will return my home address. (As an aside, I have three kids and a beautiful wife, so I'd prefer to keep my home address off a public forum, lest someone show up at my door with ill intentions.)

Here's a short list of places where I've spent a significant amount of time over the years. On Corral.Net and SVTPerformance.Com you'll find I've started a few "starting a new business, what do you think" posts. (I've done the same on a few other sites, as well.)

Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
(I've sold two cars and literally thousands of dollars in parts)

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/member.php?u=23864
(I bought and resold my car from LT, plus have bought/sold a bunch of parts)

Corvette Forum - View Profile: Big Top Gt

SVTPerformance

Moving forward, I will be handling any and all communications, both financial and otherwise, between clients and the business. Furthermore: at no time should anyone on the forums (anywhere) send additional monies to anyone for the purposes of purchasing carbon fiber products, at any time.

Until we (he) can deliver on that for which has already been paid, the only thing more foolish than a business having the audacity to ASK for more money would be the client foolish enough to PAY it.

I can be reached directly at:

Phone: 310-902-1050. (it's been my phone number since 2002)
Professional Email: [email protected]
Private email: [email protected]. (Also my same email for several years.)

Unless it's the middle of the night, I ALWAYS answer the phone when it rings.

I return ALL missed calls and emails, without exception.

So, I'm putting myself in the same boat as everyone who has done business with Carbon One in the past: I'm exposing myself to the risk of doing business with John Perez, only on a much greater scale.

In the event he doesn't follow through and relocate operations to the South Florida facility, he will have proven everyone correct, in that, he's actively been engaged in intentional acts of deception for the purposes of defrauding upstanding members of the automotive enthusiast community.

it'll be the time to seriously seek legal council and pursue him to the ends of the earth.

If/when he makes the move to south Florida and satisfies his back log, it'll vindicate our suspicions that it has never been about being evil, but about being a poor business manager.

In all the years in which I've been involved in sales and business development, one thing has been a constant:

No business is 100% flawless, but making a mistake isn't the measure of a successful organization. The true measure of a successful business is how they handle and resolve any mistakes they make.

Only time will tell and it looks like we're all in this together, at least in the short term.

So, if you're out there and you're owed product, or if you know of anyone who is owed product, please share this information with them. Please encourage them to email me so I can set a time for us to talk on the phone about what they're owed and how I can make sure they get it.

I'm going to post this same message on www.lotustalk.com, since he's done some damage there, as well.

Thanks for listening. If there's anything anyone needs, I'm always available. (I live in Florida, which is EST.)

Be well,

Alan Eosso
Managing Partner
G3 Composites, LLC
c. 310-902-1050
e. [email protected]

Hi Alan,

Most of the commitments from john to the TMC readers is on the first page of the post "order list" so you can see for yourself what is the current status,

but any way. here is my status with John:

Paid in full : February 18th, March 10th, 2011
Delivered : N/A
Products : Sills (9/16), gauge binnacle (9/16). STILL NO DELIVEY IN SIGHT ALTHOUGH *PROMMISED* AS OF DATES INDICATED
Other : Center console, rear diffuers (2.5) tail light housings.

Hope this helps you in organizing the backlog and it's cleanup

really hope this works out in the end

felix b.

Thanks guys.

I've been working closely with John Benjamin on the Tesla troubles, so I'm confident that I've got a handle on it now, so thanks.

I realize this is a crappy situation for you guys, and I honestly can't make any concrete promises just yet. I'll know up or down for sure in 7ish days, I believe. This is all predicated on John P.'s successful relocation to S.Florida, which is slated to start next Monday.

What I can promise you is that I'll give you all any of the information that I have. Good news or bad, you'll at least have news.

Additionally, if anyone knows of folks anywhere on the net that are owed product but I'm not aware, I encourage you to have them contact me directly. (or link them to this thread.)

John Perez and I have been working through a list of his back log. The more people I can hear from, the easier it'll be to validate the list. (not that I think he's intentionally omitting anything. I just want to make sure we don't inadvertently leave anyone out.)

Lastly, please don't hesitate to touch base with me should you have any questions. You'll always get a response.

Always.

Hi everyone, just a quick update on a couple things -- I've spoken with John Perez frequently over the last couple of weeks and he seems both exited and sincere about making the move to Florida and getting back to work on the backlog with Alan's help. Alan will updating the order list again soon and after that is put up if anything is wrong or missing please let him know. As Alan says though, the key here is John getting down to Florida so that this can happen. The last piece shipped from John at his current location was my hood which Bonnie is currently holding on to. The weave looks very nice and I think generally he did a nice job on it as I would have expected, however... it didn't appear to have been packed correctly got scratched up I think during transit and has a corner broken off. It sadly appears now that the hood will need to be redone. Anyway, as you know I've always felt like John's heart is in the right place and I think with someone like Alan in his corner that some better things will start happening. Let's hope so anyway!

Here's the thread over at LotusTalk where there are a few thoughtful comments: If you've had dealings with Carbon One, please read. - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

I'd prefer the order list stuff went into the existing "order list" thread we already have. If people don't mind, I'd like to see amount paid as well, so we can get an idea how much John is in the hole with the TMC community.

The majority of comments and opinions go in the "caveat emptor" thread. I suppose Alan (Big Top GT) can use this thread to keep us updated on his business.

Here's the thread over at LotusTalk where there are a few thoughtful comments: If you've had dealings with Carbon One, please read. - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

I'd prefer the order list stuff went into the existing "order list" thread we already have. If people don't mind, I'd like to see amount paid as well, so we can get an idea how much John is in the hole with the TMC community.

The majority of comments and opinions go in the "caveat emptor" thread. I suppose Alan (Big Top GT) can use this thread to keep us updated on his business.

Thanks doug.

I'm a little frustrated by the insistence of one or two of their uninvolved members over there trying to attack me. I get that people are upset by the whole thing, by why go so far out of your way to be hateful, especially when they have no horse in the race?

Anyway...

HUGE thanks to Benji4. He's done a GREAT job of helping me wrangle up what we think is a pretty comprehensive list of parts owed. (Thanks to those of you who have contacted me directly, as well.) If you guys don't mind, I'll keep it here and keep it up to date. Honestly, for the next few weeks, assuming John makes the move to Florida, all you're going to see is me dropping in with the current date and "no new developments", but it'll be something and it'll always be the truth, up or down.

This whole thing will come to a head in the next 7-10 days. That's the window John has set for making the move. (I'm in New Jersey this weekend with my family for my niece's baptism. He's planning to get here at the same time I arrive back home.)

In fact, if anyone is in New Jersey, I'd be more than happy to meet up for coffee or lunch so you can look someone in the eye and talk about it face-to-face.

Anyway, without further adieu...

Benji4: (PAID IN FULL – Nov. 2010)
• Tail Light Bezels
• Center Console/Tunnel
• Exterior air vents
• Interior side air vents
• Nav Bezel
• Gauge bezel
• Hood (needs to be redone completely)

***** REQUIRING REPAIR***** Wing: needs sanding and refinishing

Bonnie: (Paid IN FULL – Mar. 2011)
• Tail Light Bezels
• Door Sills (Repurchased from another vendor)
• Door Pulls (Repurchased from another vendor)

Donauker: (PAID IN FULL – Feb. 2011)
• Door Sills

FelixB: (PAID IN FULL – Feb-Mar, 2011)
• Door Sills
• Tail Light Bezels
• Center Console/Tunnel
• Gauge Bezel
• Rear Diffuser

Jaff: (PAID IN FULL – Mar. 2011)
• Door sills
• Tail light bezels
• Door Pulls
• Steering Wheel
• Mirrors

PV-EV: - (PAID IN FULL – Jun. 2011)
• Door Sills

Sparrow: (PAID IN FULL – Feb. 2011)
• Door sills

Benji4: (PAID IN FULL – Nov. 2010)
• Tail Light Bezels
• Center Console/Tunnel
• Exterior air vents DELIVERED 12/2011
• Interior side air vents
• Nav Bezel
• Gauge bezel
• Hood (needs to be redone completely)

****REQUIRING REPAIR**** Wing: needs sanding and refinishing

Bonnie: (Paid IN FULL – Mar. 2011)
• Tail Light Bezels
• Door Sills (Repurchased from another vendor)
• Door Pulls (Repurchased from another vendor)

Donauker: (PAID IN FULL – Feb. 2011)
• Door Sills

FelixB: (PAID IN FULL – Feb-Mar, 2011)
• Door Sills
• Tail Light Bezels
• Center Console/Tunnel
• Gauge Bezel
• Rear Diffuser

Jaff: (PAID IN FULL – Mar. 2011)
• Door sills
• Tail light bezels
• Door Pulls
• Steering Wheel
• Mirrors

PV-EV:
- (PAID IN FULL – Jun. 2011)
• Door Sills

Sparrow: (PAID IN FULL – Feb. 2011)
• Door sills

Stryder: (PAID IN FULL – Mar. 2011) - Am I the only one here who used to play this game for Sega?
• Door sills

Smorgasbord - (PAID IN FULL(?) - XXX. XXXX)
• Door sills (Passenger side defective)

Last edited:
Accurate for me. Thanks, Alan.

Fyi, I did receive sills from John, but they were defective to the point I'm unwilling to put in my car (which is why I purchased from another vendor). I've also already ordered and received door pulls.

Also, I know Smorgasbord finally received sills & the passenger side sill had a pretty big flaw. I saw it at the beginning of the month.

I saw a damaged Tesla hood louver (the big one) in carbon fiber in the Tesla LA a store shipping/receiving dept. . The corner was broken off. It's a really sharp point that obviously needs extra extra special padding when shipping.
So, I'm putting myself in the same boat as everyone who has done business with Carbon One in the past: I'm exposing myself to the risk of doing business with John Perez, only on a much greater scale.
That's a lot of confidence..

Thanks, Alan. I appreciate the communications, including this posting.

Shhh... you'll ruin my reputation. ;)

Accurate for me. Thanks, Alan.

Fyi, I did receive sills from John, but they were defective to the point I'm unwilling to put in my car (which is why I purchased from another vendor). I've also already ordered and received door pulls.

Also, I know Smorgasbord finally received sills & the passenger side sill had a pretty big flaw. I saw it at the beginning of the month.

If you won't put them on your car, you never got them as far as I'm concerned.

I saw a damaged Tesla hood louver (the big one) in carbon fiber in the Tesla LA a store shipping/receiving dept. . The corner was broken off. It's a really sharp point that obviously needs extra extra special padding when shipping.

Really sad the way the box must have been thrown around to cause that damage... the one that was broken was the big one at the bottom which Tesla does not produce.

Hey everyone, no update to be had other than we're getting closer to move day. I'll keep you posted as it develops.

I'm heading to New Jersey for the weekend with the kids, so hit me on my cell or via email for fastest response. (Looking at the forums though my phone is kind of a slow PITA.) :)