Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roll call of TMC members and their Model S reservation status (or otherwise)

What's your Model S reservation status (or otherwise) *anywhere in the world*?

• I have a Signature reservation already

Votes: 46 37.7%
  • I have a General Production reservation already (will get a 300, 230 or 160 pack eventually)

Votes: 54 44.3%
  • No reservation yet but, will get a Signature reservation soon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No reservation yet, but, will get a General Production reservation eventually

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I'm sitting on the fence, waiting and watching, yet to decide on the Model S

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I'll probably never get a Model S (might get an X instead or no Tesla at all)

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gg_got_a_tesla

Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913
Jan 29, 2010
Redwood Shores, CA
All, been meaning to set this poll up for sometime to get a feel for

- not just the current status of reservations but,
- to track future interest and
- to see how many current/prospective reservation holders (or otherwise) are actually active on the TMC forum.

Please vote accordingly and post followups. Many of us don't have our reservation status in our profile title so, this might help on that front.

This does overlap with the "Model S Tally" sticky being maintained by michiganmodels but, thought this would give a different feel for the same numbers.

Note: the reservations are across countries - I purposely didn't break it out on those lines.

Doug: please consider making it a sticky if valuable.

I am patiently waiting to order my Model S the reason is I need full information on the Model X. If I get the Model S I keep the RX400h if I get the Model X I very well may sell the RX400h. I have started the process on the website specifying what colour etc. Dark Blue with 22" wheels.

You probably mean 21" wheels there herbvdh. It's the Fisker that has 22" wheels. :smile:

I had the general production version from back in June and upgraded to the Sig when Elon announced that the performance version would be available at launch. It's a LOT of money, but it'll probably be the last car that we buy and everything about it is KICK-ASS!

You probably mean 21" wheels there herbvdh. It's the Fisker that has 22" wheels. :smile:

I had the general production version from back in June and upgraded to the Sig when Elon announced that the performance version would be available at launch. It's a LOT of money, but it'll probably be the last car that we buy and everything about it is KICK-ASS!

Is it Ok for Tesla to use this in marketing? :biggrin:

I currently don't have a Model S reserved but if a couple pieces fall into place I'll hopefully have one reserved by December or January.

While I would love to do a Signature reservation I don't really like the idea of plunking down $40K considering the final cost of a Signature may well be $80-$90K ($57,400 + $20K for the 300-mile pack + included options). Since I'm single if the Model S Signature really turns out to be $80-$90K I'd rather buy a Roadster...

The cool thing about Canadian signatures is that we only paid the $5000 at first (we could only do regular reservations); then when they allowed us to upgrade to Sig's they decided that we only had to pay the rest of the deposit when we pick our options.

Canada feels the Tesla love... :D

Last edited:
I have sig #32 in europe. but i think about to cancel my reservation because of lack of support for what europe need. I found out how little a 10kW 3-ph charger cost in Europe ($1500) and i dont see any reason why tesla is refusing to give as what we need here. It will take a while until a DC-Network will be setup in Europe. Meanwhile i have to charge with AC. Its not the problem at home or office, there i have 3-ph 32A. Its when i am on business trips, where i only can get a charge on a 3x16A socket. Up to now there is even no support for Mennekes Type 2 (similar to J1772), even not for my current Roadster.

The cool thing about Canadian signatures is that we only paid the $5000 at first (we could only do regular reservations); then when they allowed us to upgrade to Sig's they decided that we only had to pay the rest of the deposit when we pick our options.

Canada feels the Tesla love... :D

Clarification: that was a special one-time offer for those already holding Model S reservations when the Signature option was first made available in Canada.

If you want a Canadian Signature now you have to put down the $40k.

I have sig #32 in europe. but i think about to cancel my reservation because of lack of support for what europe need. I found out how little a 10kW 3-ph charger cost in Europe ($1500) and i dont see any reason why tesla is refusing to give as what we need here. It will take a while until a DC-Network will be setup in Europe. Meanwhile i have to charge with AC. Its not the problem at home or office, there i have 3-ph 32A. Its when i am on business trips, where i only can get a charge on a 3x16A socket. Up to now there is even no support for Mennekes Type 2 (similar to J1772), even not for my current Roadster.

Why don't you look into a 3-phase to single phase converter, which you could carry in the car?

You might want to wait until spring when all the options are announced and you know for sure what you'll be getting. That way if they change their mind on the support you want, you don't lose your place in line.

I'm holding back my reservation until I get a clear statement from Tesla that they will support 3 phase charging or semi-mobil Chademo charging with 3 phase inlet (400V @32A = 22 kW). It would be okay, if they will approve third party chargers

Why don't you look into a 3-phase to single phase converter, which you could carry in the car?

there are and will be no such chargers available because Chademo Chargers would make more sense.

but it'll probably be the last car that we buy and everything about it is KICK-ASS!

You and Gilbert Passin (Tesla Head of Factory Production) have something in common:
Passin's favorite adjective is "kick-ass," using it to describe fellow employees, Tesla's paint technology from BASF AG, the automatic guided carts used instead of suspended conveyors to move cars down the line, even the raised bamboo-floored stage that Tesla uses for its final quality inspections.

"One month ago none of this was here," Passin said, while leading a tour of journalists through the factory. "I have shown you too much already, but I had to show you this to prove we are real."

Read more: Can Tesla become a bigger company with Model S electric car? That's Elon Musk's gamble - Autoweek