Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Vehicle Monitoring System

Mark, great job, I use the OVMS daily. Somewhere in this thread you wrote this:
    "The Tesla Roadster does not support remote control of cabin heater, so we can't pre-heat that remotely."

An alternative for pre-heating the cabin is to connect a low-power heater to the 12 volts system. Is there any way to wake up the 12 volts system and keep it on for 20 minutes or more? I tried "Wake Up Car" but the result is "Server Acknowledged Null".

The 12 volts heater is not effective but if it could pre-heat the front window it would be better than no pre-heating.

Quote Originally Posted by lmore View Post
    "The Tesla Roadster does not support remote control of cabin heater, so we can't pre-heat that remotely."

An alternative for pre-heating the cabin is to connect a low-power heater to the 12 volts system. Is there any way to wake up the 12 volts system and keep it on for 20 minutes or more? I tried "Wake Up Car" but the result is "Server Acknowledged Null".

The 12 volts heater is not effective but if it could pre-heat the front window it would be better than no pre-heating.
    So long as you have feature #15 (canwrite) =1, the wake up car function will work, and that wakes up the 12V accessory socket. Seems to stay on for 5 minutes. But, note that the car can also power that on itself when it wants (often when too hot or too cold, so coolant pump must run).

If you can't get wake up to work, send an email to support and let us know your vehicleid - useful if you call up the features screen, just before, and try it, so we can see this in the logs,
    PLEASE NOTE:
    These musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership.
    My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my express consent.

Quote Originally Posted by lmore View Post

Just move to California and the heater won't be necessary!

BLUTSLA #516-REDTSLA #272 DrComputer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mark, any news on the test Android version yet? My phone is longing for an update
    2010 Tesla Roadster #516
    2012 Model S Signature Performance #272
    6kW Solar System by REC Solar with TigoEnergy optimization and monitoring

Not sure where to jump in on this thread, please move if necessary.

I just installed my OVMS And the boot sequence (green LED's) flash 5 "GPRS Network Initialization". The Error Code (red LED's) flash 7 "Error during GPRS initialization (might be temp related)"

Any ideas are appreciated.
    Sam C

Quote Originally Posted by DrComputer View Post
    Mark, any news on the test Android version yet? My phone is longing for an update
    I'll pen an update later this weekend,
    PLEASE NOTE:
    These musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership.
    My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my express consent.

Quote Originally Posted by samcarney View Post
    Not sure where to jump in on this thread, please move if necessary.

I just installed my OVMS And the boot sequence (green LED's) flash 5 "GPRS Network Initialization". The Error Code (red LED's) flash 7 "Error during GPRS initialization (might be temp related)"

Any ideas are appreciated.
    Best is the OVMS installation thread. See if there is a supporter somewhere close.

Or, eMail support (at) openvehicles (dot) com, with vehicleid, and we'll have a look. It would also be helpful if you send us the responses to MODULE?, SERVER?, GPRS?, VERSION and DIAG SMS commands.

Also worth double-checking cellular apn, user and pass, used for GPRS.
    PLEASE NOTE:

Quote Originally Posted by markwj View Post
    Best is the OVMS installation thread. See if there is a supporter somewhere close.

Or, eMail support (at) openvehicles (dot) com, with vehicleid, and we'll have a look. It would also be helpful if you send us the responses to MODULE?, SERVER?, GPRS?, VERSION and DIAG SMS commands.

Also worth double-checking cellular apn, user and pass, used for GPRS.
    Thanks Mark, will follow your suggestions.
    Sam C

I took delivery of a 2nd Generation (2012) Rav4-EV a week ago and will take delivery of a Model S this month. Does the OVMS supports these two types of EV? Has any one install the OVMS module in any of these two types of EVs?

Quote Originally Posted by waidy View Post
    I took delivery of a 2nd Generation (2012) Rav4-EV a week ago and will take delivery of a Model S this month. Does the OVMS supports these two types of EV? Has any one install the OVMS module in any of these two types of EVs?
    Yes, me too !!!!

Thread Information