To celebrate the global take-up of OVMS, users willing to give up their privacy for an hour or so, should all join the same social group so we can see the location and vehicleids of each other's cars. We can see where we are around the world.
Here are the details:
- Participation is entirely optional. By participating, you will be allowing anyone and everyone to see the location of your car, it's speed, SOC and vehicle ID.
- If you choose to participate, you can participate for 1 day, 1 hour, or for however long you want. The control is entirely in your hands.
- Those that want to participate should use the smartphone Apps to set their "Social Group" parameter to JABBERWOCKY. You should set this some time before 2pm UTC on Thursday 14th June 2012. Please also ensure that your car and apps are using the tmc.openvehicles.com server.
- Those that want to see the participants on the smartphone apps can just use the GROUPS feature in the map tabs to add group JABBERWOCKY and see it.
- Those that want to see the participants from a PC, on a global map can go to maps.google.com and enter the following into the search box: http://tmc.openvehicles.com:6868/group?id=JABBERWOCKY (if you want to test this today, you can replace ELECTRICRACE as the group id, to see Rafael's position in his round-the-world race).
- Once you remove the social group parameter from your car module, it will stop sending location updates to that group, and be removed when it times out some time later (or RESET the module to disconnect and be immediately removed).