1) Contacts: Setting notification ringtone for the OVMS contact (phone number): "A custom wakeup ringtone - duration 30 seconds"
2) Settings/Messages/Notifications: Setting repetition of notification to "times 5"
3) Settings/Sound/Volume: Setting volume for ringtones and notifications to "max level"
This notification sound is certain to wake me up at night should charging be prematurely stopped - a pretty simple workaround for an alarmclock-like notification sound - all suggested by Mark.
While setting 1) will not affect notification related to other incoming messages, settings 2) and 3) are general and do affect notification of other messages.
I plan on managing these issues by setting features 2) and 3) at bedtime and resetting them to my preferred notification sound settings the following morning. I expect only to use this when achievement of full charge during the night is essential for the ongoing journey/activity.
Thanks again Mark - Q
Good point - OVMS specific control of message ringtone, volume and number of repetitions would be better - but, apparently not easy to kode
Just approved for release v1.2.8 of the iOS App for OVMS. Enhancements include:
v1.2.8 UI improvements (20120520)
- Retina vehicle images
- Current weather situation indicator
- Location vehicle animations
- Location lock-to-my-car feature
- Location Groups support (preliminary)
- UI revamp
- App version shown in vehicle info display
- Move Control button to car detail screen
- Move Info button to car selection screen
- Move GSM signal bars to car selection screen
- Show car direction on location map
- Support display and control of a timer-delayed charge
- Use pump status for temp stale
- Charge port animations
- Stale indicators for ambient, pem, motor, battery and tpms
- Various minor bug-fixes and stability enhancements
- Cache weather icon
- Auto-reconnect 10 seconds after server disconnect
- Tidy up parameter naming
- Support MMI/USSD codes from iOS App
- "Imperial" Temperature display in iOS App
- Minor layout revisions
- Bring iPad version up to same level as iPhone
- Remove Model S images
- Change default image of DEMO car to a Tesla Roadster
- Change default ovms server to tmc.openvehicles.com
This is quite a large update, with a lot of work (and thanks to) Bennett and Felix, as well as testing from a bunch of testflightapp folks.
I'd like to point out a few important things:
- As part of the tidy-up, we've removed the Model S images from the App - so you may have to change the car image for any DEMO cars you have.
- Social Group support is included - you can now set a group in the car, and see the location of all cars in that group on the map.
- Streaming mode for location, with direction and movement animation is beautiful. Try car RALLY password RALLY for a demo.
- We now support MMI/USSD codes. These are like "##107#" and can be used to check cellular balance.
- If you car is set to "Miles", the temperatures will now appear in Fahrenheit.
It should appear in the App stores over the next few hours.
P.S. This brings the iOS App up to the level of functionality in the Android App. We now hope to work to unify these two apps a bit more, as well as fix the display scaling issues seen by some users of modern high-resolution Android phones.
It's up already in iTunes. Looks great, thanks.
By the way, one simple thing anyone can do to help out:
Write a short review if you can, or just give it as many stars as you think it deserves.
This helps it show up at the top of searches, and does give everyone who worked on it a good feeling
Did you get people collaborating on the Volt/Ampera version or do you still need help there?
These musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership.
My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my express consent.
It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.
- Ferris Bueller about the 1961 Ferrari 250GT Spyder California
- Me about the Tesla Roadster
I live my life 240 [ideal] miles at a time.
- Paraphrasing Dom in The Fast and the Furious
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)