Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Tesla Tattler Available

Thank you all for your help .....992 will be much happier for it!
    2010 Tesla Roadster #992 - Electric Blue
    2014 Tesla S85 #44239 - Chocolate Brown - Kathy likes chocolate

Hallo! Is this tattler avaliable for my 2.5 2012 vin 813? I live in Norway.

Hello ffylling..........

go to http://www.tattlersolutions.com and search there for information.
    good luck
    2010 Tesla Roadster #992 - Electric Blue
    2014 Tesla S85 #44239 - Chocolate Brown - Kathy likes chocolate

available for Model S?

Quote Originally Posted by lolachampcar View Post
    available for Model S?
    Sorry Tattler not available for model S at this time.
    Tesla will have/have an app solution for the model S.
    It will be interesting to see model S owner's feedback on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ffylling View Post
    Hallo! Is this tattler avaliable for my 2.5 2012 vin 813? I live in Norway.
    Yes, the Tattler supports all models of Roadster, even 1.0s.
    The Tattler uses a GSM GPRS modem to send & receive sms text messages.
    As long as you can get a standard GSM SIM and a (hopefully low cost) plan (txt only, unlimited preferably) you should be fine.

Announcement: Tattler v2 "set and forget" release now available

Hi Folks,
    I'd like to announce a firmware update for users of the Tesla Tattler.

Several of the new features in the release support the theme of "set and forget", so that where ever you go in your Roadster you can simply plug it in and walk away, no fiddling with the VDS or need to send commands to the car/Tattler.

The Tattler now has a concept of home and way locations, which can each have different charge overrides, monitoring options, and commands executed automatically at specific times.

e.g. When I plug my Roadster in a home after returning from the daily commute, Tattler v2 immediately cools the battery using minimum energy (TOU rates may be high at this time), then bulk charging occurs at 1am (better TOU rates, or just be nice to the grid), in Range mode, at a gentle 23A, to a target of 60% of full charge, then at 0545a pre-cools the battery prior to the next lemming run. 60% is quite a bit below a standard mode charge but perhaps nicer on my battery over time as our local commute only causes a small drop in charge level.

When plugged in away from home, the settings are different; charge at maximum available power until 200miles (or Km, v2 supports mi/km, F/C, m/ft options), using Range mode for better battery cooling and ability to charge beyond the standard limit.
    Compared to a normal range change, setting the target to 200mi(320km) is faster to complete, puts less full charge stress on the battery and when done the car has extended range and normal regen driving characteristics.
    At home I'm not as concerned about monitoring the car, but on the road, charging in "the wild", I prefer more frequent and detailed status messages.

Now say I'm at home and tomorrow need more charge for a longer drive, I send "charge target 185" (or 300 in Km),
    My 36,000+ mile Roadster will have 185 miles of range and a cool battery vs 173miles and a warmer battery if I used a regular Standard mode charge.
    The next time I plug in at home the Tattler will use the original settings (60% charge target). The 'save' command updates location specific charge and monitor settings.

For full details all the features, please check out this new Tattler web site, for a list of new feaures vs release 1.x, see this page.

On the monitoring side, I'd like to give a shout out to Tom Sax, for providing the algoithm and code for the useful new charge complete feature.
    This is no simple thing on the Roadster with it's different charge modes (e.g. range, standard etc), selectable current (~power) and Tattler options to end at a specific ideal range or battery charge level.

I'd also like to quickly mention the new service phone number.
    Many Roadsters are not daily drivers, perhaps even more now that many owners also have the Model S with it's easy ingress/egress, room for people and stuff and other allures.
    The Tattler service feature sends weekly summaries including battery state and car alerts, though low battery and other serious alerts are sent immediately.
    The service phone number can be the owner's mobile, or could be a shared number (e.g. a free google voice/txt number) shared with a responsible party that perhaps can respond to any issues while the owner is away.

For full details including how to receive and install the new release please visit the new Tattler web site
    Last edited by rgjones; 2013-08-18 at 11:19 PM.

Thread Information