Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Fender Liners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had an issues with the front fender liners drooping down above the tires? I was cleaning our Roadster today and noted that both front fender liners were hanging down.

Has anyone seen this issue and if so how did you resolve? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_3124_2.JPG
    IMG_3124_2.JPG
    691.2 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_3126_2.JPG
    IMG_3126_2.JPG
    632.8 KB · Views: 266
when was yours built, which number do you have? this could be caused by a change in supplier of a part, or just an anomaly. so there could be others built in the same time frame as yours with potentially the same problem.........

We have 1256 (2.5) and the build date is March this year.

Earlier this week we drove past some road construction where they were painting road lines here in Tahoe. Unfortunately, some of the paint splashed onto the mud flaps and bottom part of the car. I got 99.9% of it off using detail spray and a clay bar. While laying on a creeper checking the underside of the car and inside the wheel wells for more paint, I noted the front wheel fender liners hanging down. They are not close enough to the tires to impede driving or turning but it did surprise me. Luckily one of the techs will be working on the Alpine on Tuesday. I have sent the same photos to Jake and Adam (our tech) at Tesla.

I discussed this with Adam (our local tech) and he explained they had changed the fender liners. The previous ones were stiffer and did not need any support to stay up in the fenders. The changed ones were not as stiff and they had seen some of them doing exactly what ours are doing. There is an easy fix - applying a prime coat and then some epoxy type glue to the inside of the fender. He explained they had very good results from that. So tomorrow he will be working on the Alpine (volume keeps jumping up and then down by itself) and applying the fix to the fender liners.
Dragon, contact Tesla Support to get the fix.

I had the sound proofing added to my 2008 1.5. As part of it they replaced the plasitc liners with what seems like felt liners that I was sure would sag and not hold up. But after 1500 miles and a LONG drive through bad rain they seems to be holding up well. There are two clips that the liners are tucked above and if a clip fell off (they were glued on) or the felt came off the clip that would cause the problem I see in the photo's/

Clips seem to be secured pretty well. Time will tell.

The Alpine fix was to first test the head unit and replace if needed (it wasn't) and then replace the amplifier module. Now, the volume control is better with smaller steps when turning the volume up or down. Also, for some reason, the FM reception is a bit better (not alot but better than it was).