Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, TX showroom announced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today's Houston Chronicle's business section, second page, says below a picture a Model S being assembled:
"Living on Tesla Time
"... Tesla will open a Houston retail store in the coming months where customers can design and order their own high-end, all-electric sports car. The store will be in the Houston Galleria and will be more like a traditional retail store than a dealership. In Tesla showrooms buyers can order a test drive, design certain features on a custom-made vehicle and place an order. The company owns and operates all of its stores and does not work with dealer franchisees. ..."

This answered a bunch of my questions. I have a dinner with my kid's school the same night, but I'm going to try to make it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2971&d=1317968892.jpg

opening-party-invite_2.jpg

Last edited:
You think they could have planned this on a Friday night. I asked them to not put it during the week as that would make it harder for people outside Houston to attend. Oh well. Hope people have fun at the event.

Nice! I have been waiting for Tesla Motors to open a store in Texas. And it's in the city of Houston the energy capital of the United States of America (correct me if I'm wrong on that statement). Houston is well known for it's profoundly heavy emphasis on oil and natural gas. The immensely gigantic and astonishing irony. :smile:

Go Tesla, GO!

So purchasers pay no local taxes on the household's second largest purchase?

No, the way it usually works is the purchaser would not pay CA sales tax because they're not CA residents and the car isn't going to be registered there. Texas would collect the tax when the car is registered in TX. You have to prove that the car had been registered in a different state to avoid the tax.

No, the way it usually works is the purchaser would not pay CA sales tax because they're not CA residents and the car isn't going to be registered there. Texas would collect the tax when the car is registered in TX. You have to prove that the car had been registered in a different state to avoid the tax.
Yeah. I had to pay 6.25% sales tax for my Roadster.

Tesla hopes to generate buzz at electric car gallery - Houston Chronicle

The Tesla Motors gallery, displaying luxury all-electric cars, opens on Saturday, and is the first Tesla location in Texas.

The gallery is not a dealership, however, and Texas law prohibits it from selling cars, although galleries in some other states do.

Texas customers can go to teslamotors. com to purchase the vehicles online.
The Houston gallery, located in Galleria 4 between Banana Republic and Brooks Brothers Women, is the company's 20th location worldwide.

mediaManager

mediaManager

mediaManager