Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

George B's comments on the X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cinergi

Sep 17, 2010
MA
While hanging out at Santana Row yesterday (yeah, I'm a geek), I met George and participated in several conversations with him and other employees. We went from talking about how Tesla's innovating what a car is (not just making another car that's electric, but truly taking advantage of the new platform and redefining what you can do with a car) to what's coming for Model X. Now, he couldn't give any details, but he sorta looked like a kid in a candy store when he mentioned that the X is going to have some really really cool stuff -- so much so that they need to be careful not to shock the public to the point of scaring them away from the car.

Just thought I'd share that ...

While hanging out at Santana Row yesterday (yeah, I'm a geek), I met George and participated in several conversations with him and other employees. We went from talking about how Tesla's innovating what a car is (not just making another car that's electric, but truly taking advantage of the new platform and redefining what you can do with a car) to what's coming for Model X. Now, he couldn't give any details, but he sorta looked like a kid in a candy store when he mentioned that the X is going to have some really really cool stuff -- so much so that they need to be careful not to shock the public to the point of scaring them away from the car.

Go home!

J/k cool info, model x section!

That's cruelty to animals. You know that?

Cinergi's comment so closely matched mine I'll repost it here:

Talked to the Peter R. about the Model X. He was excited as a schoolgirl when he talked about how the Model X would have features that no other vehicle has every had.

It seemed he was talking about the electric 4 wheel drive and how that will make it handle/preform. I can't stress enough how he said it will have things that have never been in a vehicle.

Also talked to Franz about it. He vasilated back and forth between calling it SUV and minvan in conversation. When I tried to pin him down he smiled and said it's both and neither.

Aaaaah. 4WD. I'm a sedan kind of guy and I really want my electric car NOW (managed to hold off on getting a Roadster because a two-seater convertible is just not practical for me) so I'm getting an S. But I suspect the X, with 4WD, is what's going to sell to most of my friends and family who have the money. They are not as eager to go all-electric as I am, but still need the range, still live in a hilly part of the snowbelt with bad roads, and are more open to SUVs/minivans...