Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Article: Tesla Model S outpaces Porsche without a drop of gas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
Tesla Model S outpaces Porsche without a drop of gas | Technology News Blog - Yahoo! News
mw-630-tesla-model-s-630w.jpg

Another article written by someone with cursory knowledge. If they wanted to continue with this:

The standard edition of the Model S will sport a range of 160 miles per charge. The premium model boasts a 230-mile range for $67,000, and the Signature Series features a remarkable 300-mile range for $77,000. All versions of the Model S can rocket from 0 to 60 mph in 5.6 seconds, which is a bit slower than its Roadster brethren, but still puts several Porsche models to shame.

They should have mentioned the sport/performance version. Also, a lil' mixup on the signature stuff. Whenever I read news stories where I already know the real details I get sad inside knowing that all the other stories I read that I don't have background knowledge on are also likely very unreliable. Sad.

Yeah, I am used to most stories seeming somewhat inaccurate on any topic where I know a lot of details.
Most reporters end up being in a hurry to write the story, and don't research it for years ahead of time!