Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

exterior lighting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, this isn't a "spec" but I wasn't really sure where else to post it. I just saw this pic of the front wheel's side vent lit up. It looks so awesome. Much better than the lighting on the Prototype IMHO.

All sizes | White Tesla Model S | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

6204481063_f67849b4b7_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That does look good! I watched for it, but did anyone actually catch the door handles working?

They only ever used the interior handles to open the doors (hrm .....)
Elon used it to open the door when it was on stage, but he was between it and me so I didn't get to record it. It's clearly extended as the door swings open ... (this is early in part 2 of the event speech videos I uploaded)

Ass :)

I too noticed that during the beta rides they reached into the cars to open the doors

I asked about this. They said that the handles were still being finalized. The handles work now, but have to be modified for production. I saw Elon open the door during his presentation today, and it was flawless. Something about regulations for emergency workers or something is causing the changes. They should open anyway as you get near the car with your key, along with the seats, mirrors, temperature etc.

Sorry, this isn't a "spec" but I wasn't really sure where else to post it. I just saw this pic of the front wheel's side vent lit up. It looks so awesome. Much better than the lighting on the Prototype IMHO.

All sizes | White Tesla Model S | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

6204481063_f67849b4b7_b.jpg

Agree, it looks awesome. Also, it's orange. Does that mean that maybe it's a turn signal too? That would be of great help against the morons on the freeway who sometimes want to try and merge in to the same lane as you at the same time from the opposite side...

Agree, it looks awesome. Also, it's orange. Does that mean that maybe it's a turn signal too? That would be of great help against the morons on the freeway who sometimes want to try and merge in to the same lane as you at the same time from the opposite side...

I've got lights on my mirrors and people still do it. If they're not going to look, the position of your light isn't likely to make a difference unless it's so obnoxious they HAVE to take notice

Speaking of the CHMSL, did anyone else notice that the individual LEDs weren't meticulously aligned? There appeared to be a little too much jitter in the row of LEDs for my taste. It's probably just an artifact of being assembled by hand, but I've seen other vehicles with a single row of LEDs show similar uneven alignment, so I hope this is improved for production.

Agree, it looks awesome. Also, it's orange.

Better that it lights up. I'm sure they lost the old one for aerodynamics. They are meticulously working the get the nest cd on the road.

And the best safety rating

And the best sound system

And the best handling

And don;t even start with how many things it's best at in the EV category.

(This should be a thread)