Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear jump seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Kipernicus

Model S Res#P1440
Dec 2, 2009
Belmont, CA
Elon's kids looked pretty cozy back there. The floor of the trunk where their legs go is very deep so they had a few bags in there as well.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2836&d=1317536811.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=2837&d=1317536812.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=2838&d=1317536812.jpg

IMG_1624.JPG
IMG_1663.JPG
IMG_1664.JPG
IMG_1665.JPG

Thanks for posting these, I really wanted to see those but was on the front side of the stage. From the pics it looks like they are sort of close to the back window, but hard to tell. I assume the press will post more detailed shots this week.

Those seats looked great, secure and I'm sure all the kids I know would love them.....BUT, I would seriously worry about my daughter cooking back there during the summer months. We had 102F here at end of Sept.

All you guys in Texas, can you imagine seating kids right under the rear window like that?

All the employees I talked to are VERY aware of concerns around safety and climate control back there. Whether they get it right is one thing, but at least know they're thinking hard about it.

Thanks for posting the photos. My kids would love the jump seats. However, I have some concerns regarding safety (rear end collisions) and head bumping. They are both 8 so the usefullness would be 2-3 years. Will have to see how it looks in person and with kids in tow.

Does anyone know what happens with all that foot well space if you don't get the rear jump seats? Is it available as a storage compartment?

I would think so. They never showed what it looked like with the seats folded down. It would be nice (for those with them), if they rolled up like an iPad cover and you end up with a flat floor where the foot compartment was. Without the seats, there should be a cover over the foot well and it would be a nice hidden storage compartment.