Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MySupercharger - 3D-print your own smartphone supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello TMC fellows,

some of you might know my smartphone supercharger idea I posted here in 2014.

I decided to "open-source" all the details of my work.
So if you like, you can now print your own supercharger at home.

Here is a short "making-of" video:
[video=vimeo;157979915]https://vimeo.com/157979915[/video]

Files and further information on www.mysupercharger.net

I hope you guys like it!

Greetings from Germany
Martin

Last edited:
Reactions: UnbeknownstToAll
Made one. I didn't have the aluminum rod so I just printed some. Great design. Well done. Next up I will print the inner tesla with translucent red and try and light it up. Thanks for sharing.
814d51bb75cb15b066bca0d208bb9d33.jpg

Really cool! Thanks sharing what you created. Also love the video. Have to find someone with a 3D Printer now...
Thinking about it - if you really want it to go viral - tweet it and see if Elon retweets. Or maybe someone here has an Email contact for headquarters? Think there is a chance!

Really cool! Thanks sharing what you created. Also love the video. Have to find someone with a 3D Printer now...
Thinking about it - if you really want it to go viral - tweet it and see if Elon retweets. Or maybe someone here has an Email contact for headquarters? Think there is a chance!

I do not use Twitter but registred yesterday and tried to - but someone with more follower/reputation could tweet it to him.
I don't think he is recognizing me :wink:

Thanks for your input.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457640241.660783.jpg

If you print everything with the Zortrax as showed in the video you need something like 18h. Photo attached of a full Zortrax print.

But!!! Please note: the white parts you see in the video and on the pictures are printed by a service provider with in SLS - far more expansive but way better then FDM.
SLS machines costs 100.000€+

Hi Maddin0r, here's my work in progress.

I use the same Zortrax M200 (awesome machine!!!). Red inlay with ABS (0.09mm) and the white pieces with Zortrax Z-UltraT (color Ivory; also 0.09mm). All parts are straight from the printer, without any "afterwork" (just pulling off the fillers).

20160311_092358.jpg

20160311_092853.jpg

Looking great from where I'm sitting ;)
Could make the white surfaces smoother with some thinner, but really couldn't be bothered, since it looks awesome as it is.