Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

new map update available for IVA-NAV-10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dsm363

Roadster + Sig Model S
May 17, 2009
Nevada
NVD-W901 MAP Update
Software Map Update for INA-W900/INA-W900BT
is a paid map update for the Roadster 2.5's upgraded Infotainment center (IVA-NAV-10).
I just installed it and it takes over 2 hours during which you have to keep the car on the entire time. It costs $100 and comes on a SD card. The update also upgrades the navigation application but other than a slightly different start screen (the Go to, Home icons are smaller), I haven't found anything different. I haven't had a chance to test it out to see if any of the POIs are updated but the upgrade works.

Last edited:
You have to enter your serial number (some number that's in your Nav's system info) on the website when you order then they send you a code to type in during the install process.

Also, the map application is updated. You now only have to hit one button to cancel a route instead of going into 3 menus I think with the old version.

2 questions:

1. Have they changed the UI so that you can choose one of the previous addresses?
2. Any chance that Chargepoints have been included on the POI's or can it be customized?

Thanks for being the point person on this!
No problem. For first question, do you mean the 'history' button (can't remember exact wording)? It looks the same but I'll check again tomorrow about this and the chargepoint POIs.

For first question, do you mean the 'history' button (can't remember exact wording)?

Yes. I took a return trip today to the same place I went a week ago and it's about 50 miles from home. I was stupid to imagine that I would just hit the recent destinations and see the address still there, so I didn't turn on the GPS until I was about 5 miles from my destination. Unfortunately it gave me the choice of "Last 4 streets" or "Last 4 cities"....:mad: I could remember the street being Westshore Blvd but I was left without knowing if I wanted "N. Westshore Blvd" or "S. Westshore Blvd" and both had building numbers from 100-8000. Yes, I did pick the wrong one but realized it when I didn't recognize any of the buildings so only went about 2 miles out of my way; did a U-turn and found my way from memory.

The Nav system in my other car and in my TomTom store a list of recent destinations. The Alpine does not! Learned a lesson today.....

I've used it before with the original software. On the main Nav screen, you have 'info', 'go to', and 'home. Click on 'go to' and then the history button. This should take you to your recent destinatinons. If you click Go to-->address first, then you're telling it you want to go to a particular address you want to type out. One you've already been to a location, it is located in the history area.
I don't think there are any charger POIs.

Last edited:
if someone has a list of charging stations in csv format it would be pretty simple to create your own Charging Station POI and upload.

i.e. ( 33.862032, -117.794816, Chargepoint Station J1772)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,

I'm searching for an update for the Roadster 2.5 Navigation System.
I need a US and Chine map for Alpine IVA W520R navigation system

Calling Alpine Headquarters Los Angeles...........3103266800............. I will update for you on hold..........

Ok alpine says that their databases are only updateable for the area that they are oringally purchased. You have a european database and you can only update to the current european data. You can't get data for another area and load it. Same with the US. Sorry for the bad news... Suggest a hand held Garmin which will do that.

Last edited:
Hi there,

for china I believe you can forget it. all the in car nav systems available in china are mandarin only so not much good to a westerner. however, you can buy a cheap unit in any electronics mart once you reach china and you'll get the same thing but with English (pinyin) text entry and names on the map. don't forget to specify that you want this! otherwise it's still all in mandarin :)

good racing!!!!!

for china I believe you can forget it. all the in car nav systems available in china are mandarin only so not much good to a westerner. however, you can buy a cheap unit in any electronics mart once you reach china and you'll get the same thing but with English (pinyin) text entry and names on the map. don't forget to specify that you want this! otherwise it's still all in mandarin :)

good racing!!!!!

That's okay. One of the great things about the Chinese writing system is that no matter what language you speak, the characters all mean the same thing.

Hi there,

Naviextras.com - Map updates for your navigation device and more...

USB slot should be on an extension cable ending near the fuse box. You'll need a windows PC and a couple of USB sticks. You may end up bricking your nav unit :-(

US maps should be easy. For China, probably easier to follow advice earlier in this thread and get a cheap unit there.

I just purchased the upgrade for the IVA-NAV-10. Does anyone know how to confirm which of the BT modules we have? Is it the KCE-400BT or KCE-250BT? When I go into the car's software, it says version 311 (which I know for sure can be a version of the KCE-400BT). Alpine said that they thought the Roadsters had the KCE-250BT. Since KCE-400BT has a software upgrade for V311, I wanted to install that too if it is appropriate. Is there an easy way to be sure which KCE model we have?

Thanks

Thanks for the help. It was frustrating that Alpine told me KCE-250BT when I was pretty sure it was the KCE-400BT based on my discoveries this past weekend. Hopefully I can get that update installed from my computer, but since the updater was only compatible with Windows XP and Vista (and I am running Windows 7 on a Mac) it couldn't find the driver for the KCE-400BT or something. Can't be easy…