Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Combustion Engines

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

danny

TMCing Since 2006
Administrator
Aug 15, 2006
California
Referral Code
I thought I would start a thread where we can list some of the new more efficient engines. List anything you know, proven or just rumours.
Here are two I know of.
Myt(massive yet tiny) engine: http://www.angellabsllc.com/
Revetec Engine: http://www.revetec.com/

What do you think of these engines? How real do you think they are?
I am particularly interested in their possible application in a normal cars especially sports cars.

The following is a video from planet tv. They talk about both of these engines.
You have to watch a few minutes into it I believe in order to get to the part where he talks about engines.

What other revolutionary engine designs do you know of?
There is plenty of more info that you can find with a search engine and there are more youtube videos on these engines talking about them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had high hopes for the Starrotor. But I got my last newsletter from them in January and the web site hasn't been updated in almost a year.

What sets them apart from Angel Labs and the Quasiturbine are a few things. First, they are (or were) a real business. The Starrotor is based on a gerotor compressor / expander. They've got a couple of customers for the compressor / expander, and that should help fund development of the engine. Second, they are mostly Texas A&M staff and students, and the company has some sort of tie with the university. Texas A&M is very big on technology development, unlike most (but not all) other schools who have drawers full of patents they don't know what to do with. And finally, they are openly pursuing US Military contracts.

But, alas, for whatever reason, I can't even get an e-mail response from them. I'm hoping they are just running in stealth mode right now.

Myt(massive yet tiny) engine: http://www.angellabsllc.com/

The MYT is a pipe dream, IMHO. They had a forum there that got shut down after a lot of people questioned (a) the ability of the parts to withstand the predicted torque, and (b) the predicted torque. Sure, they say the problem with the forums was technical, but you can throw up a vBulletin or phpBB discussion board in a day and they shut it down almost a year ago. The entire site has not changed one bit since then.

The idea is very clever and should work. But the inventor, Raphial Morgado, is an eccentric who is too secretive and won't accept outside help. He clearly thinks everyone wants to steal his ideas.

I mentioned Qausiturbine before. Very interesting, but they can't seem to make it into a combustion engine. They seem to be spreading their limited resources all over the place - Is it a steam engine? Air powered? Combustion? Sterling? They're developing air powered professional chain saws, but that's not practical for a car.

Then there's this clever little thing, the Engineair, by Angelo Di Pietro. But he insists on running it on compressed air. Probably some very good technical reasons for that, but i wonder if he's considered running it on some closed loop of compressed and heated gas.