Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Design Studio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This red "configure" button just appeared on my account page at http://www.teslamotors.com. So far it doesn't load anything (although the page says "Roadster design studio", I just get a never ending circle), but that must mean the Model S studio is coming soon:

Config Model s.png

Edit: I noticed a flash when the screen first starts to load so did a screen capture and look what's there! "Select a Model":
Select A Model.png

Last edited:
Maybe the launch will coincide with the 10/1 event -- though that would mean they would have to also start naming options and prices wouldn't it?

I never ordered a roadster, so I don't know if this is new, but I see this as well:

3765789118.png

Last edited:
Indeed. I see the same. The Configure URL loads the 'Roadster design studio' and gets a little further in IE9 vs Chrome and shows the Roadster options, colors, accents, etc. So, could be a website faux pas or could be the upcoming Model S studio! Can't wait for the latter for sure! For the colors in particular :)

Yeah, I'm seeing a Configure button too. Looks like they got a little ahead of themselves. It will probably disappear again. But of course it would be really cool if it actually started working!

I always figured the Roadster Design Studio was more of a beta test for the eventual Model S Design Studio. After all they introduced the thing when they were almost out of Roadsters!

As was confirmed to me the other day, Tesla employees do look at this forum regularly so we effectively give the game away every time we get a secret peek inside the company and post it here.

P.S. Is there a thread related to the Tesla website on the TMC forums? My searches showed up hundreds of results.

I know I've said this in a different thread, but I don't even see a reserved Model S when I log in at MyTesla. Is there anything I have to do to make that happen? Granted, I created the account after I made the reservation, but the email address is the same.